Error on Xenforo when Update to 2.2.8

viglesias

Hi, when update the foro to version I get this errors that I don't know how resolve:

Warning: include(/home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF/Util/Php.php): failed to open stream: Too many open files in /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 571

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/../../../src/XF/Util/Php.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php74/pear') in /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 571

Warning: include(/home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF/Util/Php.php): failed to open stream: Too many open files in /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 571

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/../../../src/XF/Util/Php.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php74/pear') in /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 571

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'XF\Util\Php' not found in /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF.php:149 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(571): XF::handlePhpError(2, 'include(/home/c...', '/home/customer/...', 571, Array) #1 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(571): include() #2 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(428): Composer\Autoload\includeFile('/home/customer/...') #3 [internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('XF\\Error') #4 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF/App.php(989): spl_autoload_call('XF\\Error') #5 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF/Container.php(31): XF\App->XF\{closure}(Object(XF\Container)) #6 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF/App.php(2700): XF\Container->offsetGet('error') #7 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/pu in /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF.php on line 149

Manually upload the files and run the upgrade process is the traditional way. That should get past this.

You can download the version you want from the customer area: https://xenforo.com/customers/

And you upload the files to the same place they were uploaded to when the software was installed. There are more detailed instructions in the manual: https://xenforo.com/docs/xf2/
But if I upload the files that I have downloaded from the update -upload folder- it will overwrite the original files that are already in Public_html.

Is this the way to do it? Thank you.

But if I upload the files that I have downloaded from the update -upload folder- it will overwrite the original files that are already in Public_html.

Is this the way to do it? Thank you.
That's the way it normally works. The files you are uploading are the updated files for the version you downloaded, thus overwriting the existing files (the old version).

That's the way it normally works. The files you are uploading are the updated files for the version you downloaded, thus overwriting the existing files (the old version).
Thank you very much... but once uploaded you have to run the installer - index.php - , to be able to update and tell the system that these are the changes, no? I'm a bit of a novice in Xenforo.

Thanks, in install/index.php I see... I will make a backup and proceed.
We have the same problem, I upload all the update with ftp but return the same error and don't work the forum.

I have to restore the previous backup to get it working again.

l error: Uncaught Error: Class 'XF\Util\Php' not found in /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF.php:149 Stack trace: #0 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(571): XF::handlePhpError(2, 'include(/home/c...', '/home/customer/...', 571, Array) #1 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(571): include() #2 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php(428): Composer\Autoload\includeFile('/home/customer/...') #3 [internal function]: Composer\Autoload\ClassLoader->loadClass('XF\\Error') #4 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF/App.php(989): spl_autoload_call('XF\\Error') #5 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF/Container.php(31): XF\App->XF\{closure}(Object(XF\Container)) #6 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF/App.php(2700): XF\Container->offsetGet('error') #7 /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/pu in /home/customer/www/foroconspiracion.com/public_html/src/XF.php on line 149

I am trying to upgrade one forum to 2.2.8 Patch 1 and getting virtually identical error messages, including "too many opern files".

That sounds like a server or cloudflare error, doesn't it?

i have no idea why but I totally missed the “too many open files” error in the OP.

That would indeed be an issue caused by limits on the server. Your host may be better placed to provide advice on configuring that.

Top Bottom