Server issue Error on new user moderation page with PHP 5.5.1

Luke F

Well-known member
An exception occurred: Controller response exception: XenForo_ControllerResponse_Reroute in /home/nginx/www/gamingmasters.org/library/XenForo/Controller.php on line 799

  1. XenForo_Controller->responseException() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Abstract.php at line 165
  2. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->assertAdmin() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Abstract.php at line 17
  3. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->_preDispatchType() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 308
  4. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 336
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/www/gamingmasters.org/admin.php at line 13
This is occurring with enableListeners set to false too, and definitely was not happening before on PHP 5.4.17

(XF 1.2.0)
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I worked this out to be an incompatibility with some of the optimizer settings in Zend Optimizer+. The built in opcode cache in 5.5 is based on this, though I didn't think it had the optimization options.

There's not a lot that we can do as it simply seems to make the code execute differently than as defined. The only workaround I found was to turn off the optimization levels.
 

Luke F

Well-known member
I worked this out to be an incompatibility with some of the optimizer settings in Zend Optimizer+. The built in opcode cache in 5.5 is based on this, though I didn't think it had the optimization options.

There's not a lot that we can do as it simply seems to make the code execute differently than as defined. The only workaround I found was to turn off the optimization levels.
On closer inspection it seems I can't access the admin CP at all (same error)

Is there a workaround other than disabling the opcache extension? It's running on basically all default settings
 

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I'm surprised other people haven't run into it (and that I didn't for example, in my tests) if it's a general issue.

Try setting opcache.optimization_level to 0.
 

Luke F

Well-known member
Seems the cause is a conflict between DBG and the opcache extension - disabling DBG fixed it
 

MattW

Well-known member
Just checked my Ubuntu server at home, and by default it's commented out

Code:
; A bitmask, where each bit enables or disables the appropriate OPcache
; passes
;opcache.optimization_level=0xffffffff
 

Sim

Well-known member
I'm surprised other people haven't run into it (and that I didn't for example, in my tests) if it's a general issue.

Try setting opcache.optimization_level to 0.
Just FYI - this worked for me.
 

tyteen4a03

Well-known member
Just had a fresh install and ran into this problem. Using 5.4.19. Commenting out zend_extension="ext/php_opcache.dll" solved my problem (I don't need it on my dev server anyways)
 
Top