1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Error on fresh install of 1.3

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Tagart, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Tagart

Tagart New Member

I have installed Xenforo on the same host but have decided to use my license for another site literally one directory over. I also decided to start with a fresh install rather than retain my old data. I completely deleted the old installation, changed my license to reflect the new url and created a new database for the new installation.

Everything seems to install fine but when I get to the part about logging in to the admin panel I get this error:

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Session' not found in /path-to-my-directory/forums/library/XenForo/Controller.php on line 291

I have started over several times including completely dropping the old database and creating a new one. I get this error every time no matter what I do.

2. Tagart

Tagart New Member

I found the issue. For some reason the library/Xenforo/session.php file was not copied over correctly. As soon as I placed it in there, everything seems to be working fine now. I am making sure nothing else was missed.