Error logs in CPanel - help me fix it, please!

BassMan

Hi!

In CPanel I've found that error:

File does not exist: /home/.../public_html/forum/robots.txt

And this error just keep coming over and over. The error_log file is almost 100MB! I need to do something about it.

Can someone help me out with this? Can I just put a blank robots.txt file on my server or should be something important inside?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you @Brogan. I knew I can count on you.

And these one shows up often (they are on the main domain, not forum subdomain):

File does not exist: /home/.../public_html/501.shtml
File does not exist: /home/.../public_html/sitemap.xml
File does not exist: /home/.../public_html/sitemap.xml.gz
File does not exist: /home/.../public_html/sitemap.txt.gz

A 501 is a standard error page, you can create that as required.
Sitemaps are not required.

Why are these files being called?
What is the referrer?

Ok, so I have to find some code for that standard error page.

I've deleted sitemaps.

Don't know. Many different IP's, mostly from Russia and US.

@Brogan, now I got this error:

File does not exist: /home/.../public_html/forum/styles/prosilver

This directory was on that subdomain before I install xenforo. I was using phpBB and that folder is a part of it.

The IP is from Yandex (spider).

Btw, can I manually delete the error_log file on server? Or rather not? Well, it's almost 100MB and growing. Don't know what to do really...

Just do a redirect for the old site to the new one, that will resolve all 404's.

@Brogan, I've found errors. Most are cause by XF!

Look:
PHP Fatal error: Class 'Waindigo_CustomFields_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Forum' not found in /home/.../public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Application.php(513) : eval()'d code on line 1
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting ']' in /home/.../public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Model/PostField.php on line 401
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/.../public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Model/ThreadField.php on line 586
HP Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 222 in /home/.../public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplateCreate/20130522.php on line 222
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/.../public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplateCreate/20130522.php on line 223
PHP Fatal error: Class 'Waindigo_Listener_TemplateHook' not found in /home/.../public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplateHook.php on line 4
===
I used to have @Waindigo's add-on installed, but not any more. No errors in ACP, but they are in the log file.

AND every few seconds I got this error:
PHP Warning: Module 'zip' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: Module 'intl' already loaded in Unknown on line 0
===
Really don't know what is this...

I really need urgent help on this, guys. My server is being "attacked" by those errors. Up to 2MB per day!

Thanks in advance.

Those too?

You will need to ask in the add-on thread as those errors are related to that add-on.
Posted...

@Brogan, I've found this on one board about that error (guess it's not an add-on thing):
---
This means that the extension is already loaded and your php.ini is trying to load it again. What you can do is simply remove the extension line from the custom php.ini file.

But I have no php.ini file on the server!

[
@Brogan, I've found this on one board about that error (guess it's not an add-on thing):
---
This means that the extension is already loaded and your php.ini is trying to load it again. What you can do is simply remove the extension line from the custom php.ini file.

But I have no php.ini file on the server!
Do you have any of the Install/Upgrade add-ons installed?
And did you upgrade from a 1.1.x version into the 1.2.x family without following the upgrade procedures.

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_FUNCTION in /home/.../public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/Listener/TemplateCreate/20130522.php on line 223
PHP Fatal error: Class 'Waindigo_Listener_TemplateHook' not found in /home/.../public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/CustomFields/Listener/TemplateHook.php on line 4
===
I used to have @Waindigo's add-on installed, but not any more. No errors in ACP, but they are in the log file.
Some of his add-ons he had a problem with the uninstall not processing cleanly. Try adding the latest version of that add-on back and then removing it again.

Do you have any of the Install/Upgrade add-ons installed?
No. I always install add-ons manually.
And did you upgrade from a 1.1.x version into the 1.2.x family without following the upgrade procedures.
No, my first XF was 1.2.

Some of his add-ons he had a problem with the uninstall not processing cleanly. Try adding the latest version of that add-on back and then removing it again.
Sorry, now I've noticed that that last error from this add-on was in September. Now only this two appears, but at least every 10 seconds:

- - - - - - - - -

Of course I've contacted my host about this and get an answer something like that: this is not an error, but rather warning, so no attention is required. Then they explain to me something like that:

Zip support has already been built-in on their servers. You are getting the error message because you're trying to load a module that is already loaded.

- - -
Ok, no attention required. But what I dislike is that error_log file is still growing up only because of those 2 errors (warnings) - I've check and in 24 hours it grows for 4MB! That's too much since I don't have unlimited disk space on server.

Btw, I need another advice: can I download the error_log file from the server, manually delete the content (those error warnings - it's now over million lines and the file is 102MB!) and upload it back to server? Can this action cause any trouble with server?

...since I don't have unlimited disk space on server.

You don't have "unlimited" disk space on any server. There is no such thing.

Btw, I need another advice: can I download the error_log file from the server, manually delete the content (those error warnings - it's now over million lines and the file is 102MB!) and upload it back to server? Can this action cause any trouble with server?

You can simply delete the file, and it should regenerate as necessary. Or yes, you could use your method.

The php zip module warning suggests you have a custom php.ini file which is trying to load that module again.

Remove the entry from the file.
Ask your host for help if you don't know how to do it.

The php zip module warning suggests you have a custom php.ini file which is trying to load that module again.

Remove the entry from the file.
Ask your host for help if you don't know how to do it.
I've asked them but there is no php.ini file on my server. Or is it possible that it is hidden?

I've asked them but there is no php.ini file on my server. Or is it possible that it is hidden?
It will not be in your /home_html area but somewhere above.. check through those folders (off your root in cpanel) and see if you can find it.

I know, I've searched everything, even with the search system and ther is no such file!
When I was with HostGator I know that it had the ability to do a custom php.ini - have you used that option in your cPanel?

Top Bottom