• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Error Log Pruner + Alert Option

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
F

Floris

There are 2 things that I desire XenForo would have in 1.0 and 1.1, in regards to the system error log section.

I desire to have a) Upon login to admin.php in the right column that it informs me there are new error log entries, and b) The ability to click a button to truncate existing ones - so I don't have to go into the phpmyadmin to mass remove them.

Optionally a link to create a new thread on xf bug report forum, so I could quickly report it - and not get too distracted from whatever I actually went to the admin cp for.

$5 for a),
$5 for b).
Or $15 if you do a) and b) and the start_new_thread link
(over paypal upon delivery)

The addon will be 100% yours, to repurpose, redistribute and share with anybody at no cost.

Yep, give me your paypal and I will donate the $5.

What's left is the other 2 things, an alerter so I know there's something new, and a link to report it as a bug to xfl.

What's left is the other 2 things, an alerter so I know there's something new.
hm, wouldn't it be enough to show if there are some errors in the log?

you check the error log, if you want to report something, you report it, after this, you truncate the log.

So the counter is 0, once you have new errors, the counter will be >0 and you know that you have new errors.
IMHO it's too much overhead, to track the last read date and compare if there are new elements or not^^

No, it doesn't have to have 'mark read' support etc. Just

0 ? don't mention anything
bigger than 0 ? there are entries .. mention this on admin.php's opening page.

I go months without checking error log because its Not why you go into admin.php

No, it doesn't have to have 'mark read' support etc. Just

0 ? don't mention anything
bigger than 0 ? there are entries .. mention this on admin.php's opening page.

I go months without checking error log because its Not why you go into admin.php
ok, i've sayed ajnos to add this to the delete errorlog add-on.
i'm not sure if we can do this today, because we're trying to release 2 other add-ons today, but till next monday it should be ready^^

There's no rush, we just desire to have this prior to 1.1 :>

Yep, something like that, in that sidebar on that page = perfect. Be it there at the top, or at the bottom, etc. Doesn't matter, as long as the tech admin goes 'ah new ones..'

Top Bottom