1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Error in Server Error Logs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Stephan Whelan, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Hi - i'm getting the following error about one every 1-2 days in the xF Server Error Logs:
    Any ideas what is causing it and how to resolve?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Have you recently upgraded or done any work on the server?
    The error suggests there may be missing file(s) or corruption.

Run a file health check in the ACP.
    Download a new upgrade .zip and upload the files to your server.

3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I would note that is an old file. It was removed in XF1.2. Nothing should be calling it any more.

Brogan likes this.
  4. Just ran a File Health Check:

5. Hmmm - how can I tell what is trying to call it? Doesn't seem to be much info in the error log:
    Server Error Logs _ Admin CP - DeeperBlue.com Forums - Mozilla Firefox 2015-03-19 11.23.29.png

6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Unfortunately, as PHP doesn't give a backtrace for fatal errors, it's hard to get more specific information. I've just searched the code for references to the function that is triggering your error and there's no way for it to be called via deferred.php by default. (It's actually only around to reduce backwards compatibility issues with add-ons originally built for 1.0/1.1.)

As such, I can only guess this is related to an add-on. Unfortunately, it's hard to figure out which one. It appears to be attempting to rebuild forum information. Any idea what this would be based on the add-ons you have installed?