1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error emailing all users

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by bluepaw, Oct 4, 2012.

1. bluepaw

bluepaw Member

I would like to be able to user the email users function so that we can still notify our members of upcoming events and finally migrate away from yahoo groups, but every time I try to email all members (about 80 currently) I get the following error code in the browser and no idea what it did...

An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /homepages/25/d347617759/htdocs/757-furries/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
        Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
        Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 825
        Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne() in XenForo/Error.php at line 50
        XenForo_Error::unexpectedException() in XenForo/Application.php at line 295
    Nothing additional gets logged to the server error log

Running xenForo 1.1.1
    Host is 1&1 shared hosting
  2. Insy

Insy Well-Known Member

The problem comes from your hosting company, the best method is to contact it.
    Maybe the MySQL maximum packet size is too small, even if it seems unlikely with only 80 members.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member