XF 1.1 Error 500 while installing addon

Mendo

I got an Internal Server Error 500 while installing an addon, and now I cannot access my addon area at all. Half my admin pages give me blank pages and the main admin panel page tells me I may have outdated templates. If I try to edit/revert the templates in question it gives me a blank page.

What can I do to fix this?

Visit /install and click the button to rebuild the master data. That may fix the problem. If the rebuild fails or stalls then just refresh it until it completes.

A 500 error is a generic server error that can be caused by bad file / folder permissions on the server. Folders are normally 755 while files are normally 644. The data and internal_data directories are usually 777.

Also, a blank page is often a suppressed error. Try adding this line to your library/config.php file to see if that reveals any specific error message on the blank page:

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);

Thanks, the rebuild worked. I get a lot of random error 500 on my server, I guess it's because of the shared hosting. All my folders have the correct permissions.

Top Bottom