RM 1.1 Entering a thread from a resource doesn't remember last unread post?

Moshe1010

Let's say the following scenario:
1. I comment in a resource thread
2. People comment after me, but I haven't entered the thread yet
3. I enter the thread from the resource itself in the RM from the "discussion" tab or button

It redirects me to the first page of the discussion all the time regardless of people commenting after me. Shouldn't this work like forum threads and unread posts in them?

If I click on a thread that I've commented on and people comment after me, next time I press on the title of the thread, it redirects me to the first unread message. I get the idea that the resource manager and the threads are 2 "different" systems, but initially I commented in the thread that is on the forum and try to go back to the tread regardless from where (resource manage or just a random link of the thread), why it doesn't redirect me to the first unread message specifically fro the RM (while it does work if I just click on the thread link from a random place even outside my domain)?

Thanks.

Last edited:
You could change these links to link to threads/unread (resource_view and resource_view_tabs).

As it stands, they simply always link to the beginning of the discussion. In the context of the resource, I don't think this is unreasonable.

IMO, it's the context of the resource being the "introductory" part and that the discussion mostly follows on from the resource description/components. Additionally, compared to threads, there isn't an indication of read vs unread so there wouldn't be an indication of where it would go.

Note that there would be a "go to first unread" link in the thread if applicable.

it's the context of the resource being the "introductory" part and that the discussion mostly follows on from the resource description/components.
Wouldn't the unread last post function work for first post/page as well? If I currently never visited a thread, it would bring me to page 1, but when I visit it again after I comment, it would go straight where I left over. So a user who visit a resource thread at the second time, probably commented already and wants to read the other replies, so redirecting this user again to page 1 doesn't give any real benefit to the user. In addition, the resource general info tab is usually the same as the thread first post.

Additionally, compared to threads, there isn't an indication of read vs unread so there wouldn't be an indication of where it would go.
You could change these links to link to threads/unread (resource_view and resource_view_tabs).
But you stated before that it could be changed?

Anyway, if I can manually edit it then it solves my issue.

I was referring to a visual indicator (which does happen in the thread list). You can edit the link and I believe it should work.

Top Bottom