1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enhanced Search

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by South Fork, Feb 25, 2012.

1. South Fork

South Fork Active Member

For enhanced search, it's obviously a lift for larger forums but is it also a functional lift? What about for med-large sites with regards to performance lift? (700K posts) Just wondering if it's worth the effort at this point before pulling the trigger.

2. el canadiano

el canadiano Active Member

It's more a performance increase than anything. Most small-medium sized forums won't need it.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It has a smaller stop word list, supports single character searching, has features such as stemming, relevance, etc.

For example, here's a search using the single character I in thread titles only with the results returned by relevance: http://xenforo.com/community/search/1879927/?q=I&t=post&o=relevance&g=1&c[title_only]=1

If my server supported it I'd install it without a second thought and I only have 100,000 posts.
  4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Despite the name, not all of the threads in there are support -- there's some good feedback which speaks to your questions.

It's a performance increase and a functionality increase because basically any search will work - and with options like stemming, it will return more useful results by "folding" plurals, etc together.
  5. South Fork

South Fork Active Member

Some nifty functional lift things indeed. Sounds worth the effort.

Thanks for your time guys.