England just violated international law

Fact and what Anonymous has brainwashed you to believe are different ballparks. Funny they push how brainwashing US Government and groups like Scientology are, yet they brainwash their own members into believing bull**** fringe theories like this.

Guessing by your "theories" in this thread and supporter of such sites like Wiki Leaks, you were a pencil pushier and not someone who served in the front lines of combat for it's country. But enough of your derailing off the subject of what a scumbag Assange is ;)

I served my country and I know enough that those of us who have seen real combat don't go about glorifying it.

The same ones Assange tried to expose and cause harm to these troops fighting against such groups as Al-Qaeda by leaking classified information on active operations against these groups.

So, the helicopter video of an american gunship firing on civilians with cameras (weapons) kept us free??

Ah, the wisdom of age. I lived through the Vietnam Era. They same things were said then when the Pentagon Papers were released. That entire war was 95% a big lie. MILLIONS perished. Vietnam is still poisoned today from the dioxin and people still die from the mines and weapons.

Would you also claim we fought for freedom there?

Don't want to get too political here (not allowed), but it would be wise never to buy the "company line" in these matters.

Allow me to give you some personal insight... 9/11 was an inside job. Period.

As I said, I use to work for the government and I know exactly what my government is fully capable of.

The freedoms you claim that we lost because of Al-Qaeda... We lost because of our government.
This seems to be what happens when people can't stay on topic

If you truly honestly think this has anything to do with the women or rape, I think you are mistaken.

That is simply an excuse to get their grubby hands on him.

I sincerely think the UK is trying to send him to Sweden, yes. You would think the Swedes would be a protector for him. Wonder why he would think he'd get sent to the US

Or rape women, which is the reason for the UK's attempt to nab him. He can stay indefinitely int the Ecuadorian embassy for all I care. It isn't like Ecuador is the shining example of free speech anyway.

The reason the US is after Assange is he published US video tapes showing US pilots purposely targeted and killed a group of news reporters who were providing coverage US government found embarrassing. US had denied targeting and killing the journalist and then WikLeaks tape came proving US murdered the journalists to suppress information about failing Iraq war.

US then went crazy to punish those involved, Bradley Manning and Assange...for telling the truth...for exposing a lie, exposing murder of journalists to suppress reporting.

This is not about "rape of women", an issue US government pays scant attention to in US and the world, and one that was non-existent regarding Assange (the case had been dismissed) until Assange embarrassed US government

Yes. I agree the video proved that the US and its allies did bad things. It's a war.

Some people think that justifies putting security and military personnel in danger. I dont.

Whether your pro or con Assange, this is a good article.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/08/assange-has-asylum-but-his-options-are-still-limited/

But Assange has done more than just release incriminating video tapes. He's put lives in danger.

He's the type of weasel that will kill himself as a martyr rather than face rape charges. Wikileaks will still be around without him
Chances are he would face the rape charges, but not until he is positive he will not be extradited to the US.

In a 16 August report by Deutsche Welle Journal, the German news station, it was pointed out that Ecuador has granted asylum to Mr. Assange, and that the U.K. has threatened that being in the Ecuadorean embassy does not mean that they cannot just go in there and arrest him.

That said, I do not know enough about the legal aspect of this, though I am under the impression that an embassy is considered sovereign territory of the country it is for, so that entering it is, in effect, entering that country.

Yes. I agree the video proved that the US and its allies did bad things. It's a war.

Not for you to agree or not. Not for US government to agree or admit. It proved that US killed journalists to suppress reporting and the tried to cover it up.

Some people think that justifies putting security and military personnel in danger. I dont.

You would need to explain how exposing US committing murder of journalists to suppress news reporting of failed war puts "security personnel" (you can't mean the Blackwater mercenaries) or military in danger. That argument is dishonest in the extreme for two reasons.

1. The rest of the world already knows about. It was only US public that was being lied to by government coverup.
2. Starting a war over trumped up WMD to provide $1T in no bid contracts to Halliburton who paid Cheney $40M is what puts US live at risk, what is responsible for 50,000 US killed and wounded. Telling the truth ab out Vietnam, or Nicaragua or Panama or Iraq or Afghanistan doesn't put anyone's life at risk. The lies that start those wars, the lies that sustain those wars are what gets people killed.

According to most proponents of war, it justifies virtually everything....and I mean that.

Look, both tendencies are very natural. On the one hand, we know our governments lie to us - early and often - and we like to keep checks on them. On the other hand, your authoritarian stance is also very normal - that is, "don't upset the apple cart on OUR team- because, right or wrong, they are my team"....

There is constant pull back and forth between all these competing ideas - and, in the end, it's probably a good thing. While most of us would probably not do what Manning did (because of self-preservation), I think it's important to note that if "following orders" means lying, covering up and torturing people....many have inner conflicts about such things.

I am not sure Mr. Moore's premise is that the States have gone to hell. Otherwise, he would not be giving speeches like the one recorded by LinkTV, "Unrigging The System," where he tells a group of people how proud he is of the progress that has been made throughout history, and to this day, and how it is important for the next generation to keep fighting to keep hope alive, and he would not be committing himself to activism with attempts to get practical results, such as succeeding in getting an old sick man care who was denied service.

Someone asserting that there are dire problems may be seen as espousing a defeatist attitude, but I do not think it is necessarily contradictory to believe there are dire problems but that there is always hope.

Top Bottom