XF 1.1 Enabling addon strangeness in ACP

RobParker

In my ACP at on admin.php it lists all the installed addons and lets you enable them with a checkbox.

I enable a certain addon and it takes a few seconds to enable it.

If however I then go to the list addons page, the addon is shown as disabled. If I tick the box there and go back to my admin.php page it shows as unticked.

I assume it's something related to the addon taking a little time to enable. I've tried leaving it for a minute or two but that doesn't seem to help.

The checkboxes seem to have come unsynced on the two separate pages...

Browser caching the output? They should be reading from the same value so I'm not sure why that would happen otherwise.

Browser caching the output? They should be reading from the same value so I'm not sure why that would happen otherwise.

I thought it might be some kind of cache thing but not sure.

If the addon switch is flicked to on then the addon is active (i.e. I see it doing what it should on my site) but if I leave it for a while it seems to disable itself.

Currently I have the addon activated (i.e. it's working) but both checkboxes say it's disabled.

When our server has been really busy I've noticed similar. With unticking the box seemingly working but not actually disabling the addon (presumably because it's timed out).

Currently I have the addon activated (i.e. it's working) but both checkboxes say it's disabled.

After quite some time (somewhere between 30 mins and an hour) the addon became inactive (i.e. it stopped working) on it's own.

I've reactivated it (so the checkbox is ticked), I let the "working" animation in the top right finish and then refreshed the page and the checkboxes unticked themselves but the addon was back to working. I'm assuming within the hour it'll deactivate again.

If i try to enable it through the controls dropdown rather than the checkbox I get the following error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/sites/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxco.uk/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Compiler.php on line 451

But it still makes the addon work (i.e. it's functionality is available on the site).

I just noticed that this is 1.1. Do you have TMS installed? When enabling/disabling an add-on, it needs to recompile a lot of templates. 1.2 has a framework to handle this but 1.1 doesn't, so the timeouts like that can be an issue. I suspect that's the underlying issue.

Yep, it's the Post Ratings addon that uses the TMS edit.

The weird thing is that it does re-enable it (the ratings re-appear) but then half an hour later it turns itself back off.

Would you happen to know which timeout setting I should ask my host to increase just so I can get it re-enabled?

Top Bottom