Lack of interest Enable unregistered users the ability to Report content

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

bill78

From my own point of view and having run a reasonably sized forum for the last nearly 15 years there have been several occasions where someone external to the forum feels aggrieved about something posted on the forum and starts bandying around words like defamation, libel etc.

In these cases I think it's best to give the ability for unregistered users to be able to 'Report content' anonymously. The ability to be able to do so could be controlled by the permission that is already in place (but currently defunct).

I believe it's important to be able to if necessary demonstrate that appropriate measures are in place that enable an 'outsider' to easily convey their grievance and even more importantly be able to react to a complaint before it escalates in seriousness.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If someone is that concerned over something that has been posted, they can bloody well be precise in describing the issue. If I get an email that says "I'm offended! It's libel!" and nothing else, guess what happens to that email?

Back when I used to use the Tapatalk BYO (Build your own) app, this was actually a requirement you had to fulfill in order to get your branded app approved on the Apple iOS App Store. Basically, guests had to have the option to "report offensive/illegal" content due to their guidelines on apps utilising "user generated content." Many peoples Tapatalk BYO apps were being rejected by the Apple reviewers until they finally implemented this option in the Tapatalk BYO app.

On that basis alone, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all if an official XenForo mobile app is developed in future.

Top Bottom