XF 1.5 Enable email notifications by default

No...when someone signs up to my Forum I want by default when they "create a thread,"... or they respond to a "thread"... they receive emails automatically without having to check a box... Hence the screenshot...

You posted in the wrong forum, hence the wrong assumption.

As I alluded to above, you can set the registration defaults in Options > User registration (first screenshot relevant).

Alright let's try this again... If you look at the initial screenshot... I'm looking to have "watch this thread" and "receive email notifications" box's checked off by default... without the user having to engage in checking it off... I simply want the functionality to be the user receives email notifications automatically no boxes being checked when the thread is created.

Last edited:
It does always help to explain in as much detail as possible, rather than just including a few vague words with little explanation.

However, what you're asking for is still ambiguous.

I'm looking to have "watch this thread" and "receive email notifications" box's checked off by default...
If the checkboxes are off, then there will be no email notifications. This sentence suggests you don't want email notifications enabled.
I simply want the functionality to be the user receives email notifications automatically no boxes being checked when the thread is created.
If the boxes are off by default, then there will be no email notifications. This sentence suggests you do want email notifications enabled.

Either way, there's only two ways to affect the default state of those checkboxes:
  1. You set the defaults for new users who are registering in Admin CP > Options > User registration
  2. The user sets their preferred defaults in their account Preferences
If you require some other behaviour it would require an add-on (and I don't think one exists) or custom development.

Top Bottom