• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Empty threats page when viewing as User after XF move

Hello,

I moved my XF from a folder(/community) to the root.

I did "Update the Board URL in the ACP -> Options -> Basic Board Information and move the files to the new directory".

The forum is now working nicely , directly in root.

However if i login as user or administrator and try to view or click on any thread, the page is shown blank.

Chrome shows me the following error:

-------------------

Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://mydomain.com/threads/name-of-the-topic.312/#post-742. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
Here are some suggestions:

HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfil the request.
-------------------------

Again, if i access the very same URL as guest, I get to see all the thread without a problem.
Not sure what I did, but I just moved my xenoforo files from the directory to the root folder.
Any help would be really great.

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Sometimes it is necessary to restart the web server after moving the files. It depends on your server configuration. Ask your host to restart the server.

Otherwise a 500 error is a generic server error. Ideally the logs on the server will contain more information. Or here are some of the usual suspects:

1) Bad .htaccess file on the server.

2) Incorrect permissions on the server.

Thanks Jake.
I finally found it.
Had nothing to do with the error message (500) or anything you or I would have guessed.

By moving the xf files from the directory to root, two files where not correctly moved.
When I did a XF - Tools - File Health Check - it revealed that ( library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Editor.php) was missing.
Manually re-uploading it , solved the problem.

Thanks anyway for your help.
Great to know that we are not alone with our problems.