XF 1.2 Empty database?

Phife

I accidentally deleted all files during my forum update from 1.1.5 to 1.2.0. I uploaded the files of 1.2.0 and when I enter my database information, it tells me "XenForo is already installed in your database. Continuing will remove all XenForo-related data from your database!"

How can I avoid having my forums wiped?!

If you have already upgraded and uploaded the files again, all you need to do is manually create the internal_data/install-lock.php file.

PHP:
<?php header('Location: ../index.php'); /* Installed: Tue, 30 Jul 13 10:24:36 +0000 */

Well, I accidentally deleted the entire forum directory (version 1.1.5) before I started the update process. So I uploaded a brand new installation of version 1.2.0 and when I enter the database details, it tells me "XenForo is already installed in your database. Continuing will remove all XenForo-related data from your database!".

When I also added the install lock, it tells me "You have already completed installation. If you wish to reinstall, please delete the file internal_data/install-lock.php."

I haven't even started the update to 1.2.0. I pressed the wrong button on my FTP client :barefoot:

Well, I accidentally deleted the entire forum directory (version 1.1.5) before I started the update process. So I uploaded a brand new installation of version 1.2.0 and when I enter the database details, it tells me "XenForo is already installed in your database. Continuing will remove all XenForo-related data from your database!".

When I also added the install lock, it tells me "You have already completed installation. If you wish to reinstall, please delete the file internal_data/install-lock.php."

I haven't even started the update to 1.2.0. I pressed the wrong button on my FTP client :barefoot:

That should not pose any issue in that regard. You can experience mod issues and attachments as well seeing the fact that you deleted those folders. But in regard to the upgrade you should upgrade your forum normally.

It looks to me like you are calling the install file in the browser. You should point your browser to the upgrade file instead.

P.s. What is your forum url btw?

You will have lost all avatars and attachments if you deleted the whole directory... I'd strongly recommend restoring your files from a backup to attempt to recover as many of those as possible.

After you create that install lock file (and ensure that library/config.php exists), go back to <url>/install/ - it should take you to the upgrader.

I'm in the process of uploading my old forum back up and then uploading the _update .zip which should hopefully fix it.

I had totally forgotten about avatars and attachments.

Many thanks for the A class support.

Top Bottom