XF 2.1 Emojis overriding smilies with same name? Anyway to stop without disabling emojis completely?

BirdOPrey5

So after an upgrade from VB 3.8 to XF 2.1.0, two different forums having same issue. Some of our smilies (that have been successfully imported) have names that conflict with emojis like 🤷 or : shrug : without the spaces... From the smilie chooser you see the correct (custom) uploaded image but upon submitting the post it is replaced with the shrug emoji. Another forum is having same issue with an emoji/smilie named : laughing :. Any thoughts on this? I wish on conflict the custom smilie would take priority.

Just change the 'shortcut' for each Emoji.

I had the same problem, and in my experience, was caused by old/already installed Emojis, conflicting with the new ones.

For example, change :) for =)

Hope it works for you.

Just change the 'shortcut' for each Emoji.

I had the same problem, and in my experience, was caused by old/already installed Emojis, conflicting with the new ones.

For example, change :) for =)

Hope it works for you.

Thanks but the members are used to using the names they've used for 10+ years, plus would mean editing the database to change old instances. Was considering that as a last resort.

Excellent news! Thanks. :)

Top Bottom