XF 2.1 Emoji autocomplete only starts working after emoji menu was opened at least once

Lukas W.

As title. I guess this might've been done on purpose rather than being a code bug, but I think it's a usability bug either way. No user can be expected to understand that autocomplete only starts working after he opened the emoji menu at least once, and no popular program behaves like that either.

It doesn’t appear to work like that in the slightest and that’s obviously not something we would intend. The emoji autocomplete and emoji menu are totoally separate and unrelated systems and they do not depend on each other.

Can you elaborate with some specific reproduction steps and more information so we might actually have a chance of troubleshooting this? 🤔 ⬅ Done with emoji autocomplete...

Hm, my apologies. It seems I was just too impatient. Opening an editor on a page (such as quick thread, or starting to type immediately after page load on a thread quick reply) indeed loads the autocomplete, but it takes about 20ish seconds to start. Opening the emoji menu probably just feels like it speeds up things as it keeps me busy waiting till the load time is done there. Running on a desktop browser with latest chrome, that feels a bit high. Is the search that heavy or is something off?

I've also noticed that custom emoji lack the title (search) in the autocomplete dropdown. Is this intentional or a limitation of sorts?
P6DkDRh.png

Top Bottom