Embedding into a corporate site...

PVO_Dave

I've actually purchased Xen for my own forum (although I can't move that until the thread prefixes are sorted......) but I've also now convinced work that Xen is the way to go for the forum project we want to do, BUT it has to look like part of the site, I'm guessing the only solution is iframes :cry:

Essentially it could just load under a header from the website, anyone done anything like this yet, or can offer me any advice on the subject?

I'd rather not post the link to the website right now, but can PM it to anyone who can offer help etc...

Ta,
Dave.

Well you can either embed it as you said using an iframe (although I haven't tested this) or you can rework the style, wrapping the forum in your company header, footer, etc.

It really depends how much work you want to do.

I've edited the title for you.

Thanks for the quick reply

Personally, I'd be happy putting out header and footer on the forum software, but I'm not going to have the final say on this :(

They basically cant know that they have 'left' the website, so the URL can't change (even though I was previously only planning on using a forum. subdomain)

Don't suppose you know of anyone who has embedded a Xen forum so far?

As long as they don't see a browser change it should be fine.

I think the iframe is the only workable solution for this instance (I'd really rather it stood alone so to speak, but my hands are tied!)

Thanks for the input.

Dave.

As long as they don't see a browser change it should be fine.

I think the iframe is the only workable solution for this instance (I'd really rather it stood alone so to speak, but my hands are tied!)

Thanks for the input.

Dave.

I'm not really understanding why you would need iframes. Can't you just install the forum at companywebsite.com/forum?...then you can just incorporate the website into the Xen theme. Or do they really view companywebsite.com/forum as people 'leaving' the website?

I'm trying to add the header / footer now to prove that it won't look like you've left the main website... but struggling already, for whatever reason, when you add a header in, it doesn't move the main forum content down?

Where can I specify what the height of the header should be, so the content will move down (as it does when you specify logo height) ?

It's difficult to know without seeing exactly what it is you're trying to do but adjusting the logo height will adjust the header height.

Essentially you need to create a wrapper using your existing site design and drop the forum into it.

I'm trying to add the header / footer now to prove that it won't look like you've left the main website... but struggling already, for whatever reason, when you add a header in, it doesn't move the main forum content down?

Where can I specify what the height of the header should be, so the content will move down (as it does when you specify logo height) ?
An alternative may be to use the forum's header and footer in your website.

See: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/kotomi-generic-script-bridge.13698/

Top Bottom