XF 1.3 Embedding image into a forum post

Rushster

Hi

I have just this weekend migrated over from vbulletin after 10 years (took the plunge finally) but I'm having a problem allowing people to embed images into their posts, not as a file attachment but into the post. I can't find a setting so currently when you hit the 'image' button it asks for a url, rather than browse to folder.

Many thanks.

Hi

I have just this weekend migrated over from vbulletin after 10 years (took the plunge finally) but I'm having a problem allowing people to embed images into their posts, not as a file attachment but into the post. I can't find a setting so currently when you hit the 'image' button it asks for a url, rather than browse to folder.

Many thanks.
I'm kind of confused by what you are saying. When I use the image button on the editor it asks for a URL, not an option to browse to a folder.

The button on the editor is for URL embedding. If you want to embed an image into a post you use the Upload File option and then indicate either thumbnail or full image.
Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 8.01.44 PM.webp

Yes it was an 'upload file' thing that threw me off, I thought that was uploading files, attachment rather than adding an image for the post. I didn't realise that adding images was handled in two different areas, that's why I expected to see it in the add image button. I will change the wording on Upload a File to Embed Image or something.

Yes it was an 'upload file' thing that threw me off, I thought that was uploading files, attachment rather than adding an image for the post. I didn't realise that adding images was handled in two different areas, that's why I expected to see it in the add image button. I will change the wording on Upload a File to Embed Image or something.

But its also used for attachments...

Top Bottom