• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Embed video from feed [Paid] [Deleted]

Akinak

Akinak submitted a new resource:

Embed video from feed - Auto embed video to your media gallery from feed

Introducing a new add-on that gives you a brilliant opportunity to add the rss-feed list from various video hosting resources like youtube.

The videos are placed into Media Gallery categories (no in forum threads)

Actually you`ve got a some options here:
1.You may choose the frequency of lists processing.
2.You may add a great number of lists that will fill you gallery with lots of content.
All the media tags including external add-ons are supported.

How to install:
1) Upload files...
Read more about this resource...

I asked Akinak to make this add-on for me last week. It's been running great for the past 2 weeks. I am happy with it.

Excellent Add-on Akinak

#1. I did find something. The link here is not correct. The link should take you to the Video Feeds. Not the Normal Forum Feeds

sds.PNG

#2. At the moment if i type any url that is not a video feed into the url box. It will save without giving me an error. Which shouldn't be possible.
So for example if i type in www.xenforo.com It will save the video feed. Even though it is not a video feed. The correct way is it should tell you "Error: It is not a vaild video feed" and saving the link shouldn't be possible.

error.PNG

Some suggestions:

#3. It would be great if we could have a "Preview Feed" This way we could preview the websites feeds before actually putting it live.

preview.PNG

Great Add-on!! stars.PNG
Thank You Akinak

I thought about suggesting this but i thought that in order for it to grab the description i thought the websites RSS feed had to have the description implemented as well. I know the site i use doesnt put the description but their videos do.

Im not too sure how feeds work. But if its possible i vote your suggestion too!!

i feel the videos look a little empty without the description. It would look great with both title and description.

DaveM

Ok I found the issue, you need to have Gallery Categories and I wanted to only use the User Categories option, it now works

The feeder is pulling video feeds from the link you posted. The problem is that you need to you need to add the url "channels" to the "Match URLs:" into the "Vimeo" "BB Code Media Site" then it will embed anything with "channels" in the link.

Just add this:

Code:
vimeo.com/channels/*/{$id:digits}
I tested it an it works.

Here's a screen shot

Screen.PNG

DaveM

The feeder is pulling video feeds from the link you posted. The problem is that you need to you need to add the url "channels" to the "Match URLs:" into the "Vimeo" "BB Code Media Site" then it will embed anything with "channels" in the link.

Just add this:

Code:
vimeo.com/channels/*/{$id:digits}
I tested it an it works.

Here's a screen shot

View attachment 98288
Thanks that worked great (y)