XF 1.5 Emails are sent only to me after switch of webhoster

snoopy5

Hi,

I am using XF 1.5.16. I just switched my webhoster. The move worked fine. I only have problems with emails. I use the exact same setting (SMTP) as before, only serveraddress, username and password changed.

I tested the email options by sending a test email to me (admin). I mean the option in "email users" in ACP. This worked fine.

I have different test-user-accounts in my forum. So I posted in one thead with different accounts some messages. Also with the admin account.

When I post in that thread, only the admin gets the email notification in the mailbox, no other of my test-accounts, although they should. They have all the right setting to receile emeils from the forum.

What could be the reason for this?

Any server error logs in Admin CP?

Also check with your new host if they are blocking any outgoing SMTP ports on their firewall for your account.

no server errors.

Please bear in mind, that email functionality works with my admin email. Only the other accounts do not get emails.

So it can not be any kind of blocking the SMTP port, otherwise the admin email address would neither get emails.

You would need to check the server mail log and confirm emails are being sent.

If they are, the problem lies somewhere along the chain between your server and the recipients.
It could be due to blacklisting, spam filters, etc.

I found the solution:

all my testaccounts are using email addresses of a specific domain name, which is not yet moved to the new webhoster.

Since I planned to make the move of that domain name incl. all email addresses tonight, I configured already all email accounts of that domain name at my new webhoster before that move.

If I send now emails to users with an emailaddress of that domain name, the mailing system of this new webhosters looks first, whether an email address with that name exists inhouse. If yes, they send it to that address, not to the real address of the old webhoster where the domainname still is.

So all emails are in the "phantasy" inboxes of my new webhoster and I can see and read them there. Only in the real inbox of the old webhoster, they do not exist.

Problem solved. As soon as I move that domain name to the new webhoster, everything should work again as expected.

Thanks.

Top Bottom