Emails acting odd. The fix on one account was weird. Need help.

jonsidneyb

Several members are not getting emails from the forum. I have several problems going on but one of the is quite odd.

Some gmail users are getting emails, other are getting them in their spam folder, others are getting not getting either one.

One of the members took out the email address than put the identical one back in and got emails from the forum in his spam folder.

What could be going on? I will ask about the other email problems later. This one seemed odd.

I have one report of no emails - I have to think these are all from outside of XF.

I had XF emails going into my gmail spam folder - for whatever reason. If you tell gmail they are not spam, then they stop going in there!

One hint might be the name of the from account....in XF.
I was using "Hearth.com Admin" - google or other spam filters may not like the Admin name or something like that. It may work better to have no name on the "from" email.

There are quite a few spam filters along the way of most emails......so it's hard to say where it is getting caught up. You could certainly trace it by watching the maillog in real time when you send a message to the dude, etc.

I have one report of no emails - I have to think these are all from outside of XF.

I had XF emails going into my gmail spam folder - for whatever reason. If you tell gmail they are not spam, then they stop going in there!

One hint might be the name of the from account....in XF.
I was using "Hearth.com Admin" - google or other spam filters may not like the Admin name or something like that. It may work better to have no name on the "from" email.

There are quite a few spam filters along the way of most emails......so it's hard to say where it is getting caught up. You could certainly trace it by watching the maillog in real time when you send a message to the dude, etc.

The email account ends in edcforums.com

What has been odd if how the members are fixing it. They are reimputting their email address and then the ones that are not getting it at all are getting it. This is Gmail only.

Top Bottom