XF 1.5 Email users from most recent join date?

PJK

Hello,
I'm in the midst of doing an mass email send, and had to stop from users 7600 (out of 25,000) due to an issue. I noticed it mailed by join date.

Can I do either of the following:
a) Send the email and continue from where I left off.
b) Send the email but start with the newest users and go back to the oldest.

Or an alternatives you'd recommend to get the mail sent.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm using ServerSMTP to do the mailing, and these said:
Your sender address is invalud.

Your sender address is (for example): ssbounced+ad1d0ea1+ptddompson0410=sky.com@gmail.com , this e-mail is ofcourse suspicious to recipient's server so the e-mails are blocked.

Also you are sending too many e-mails to gmail users at the same time, this sending behavior is also suspicious to gmail servers are temporarily deferring your e-mails to protect recipients from spamming.

Please use a valid sender address and normalize your sending behavior to gmail users (divide your sending over periods of time).
That sender address is generated by Xenforo for the bounce handler. My send-from address is just admin@domain.com. How do you recommend getting over this so the sender address is valid?

Additionally, how do I normalize the sending behavior so it is sent over periods of time in Xenforo?

Last edited:
Can I do either of the following:
a) Send the email and continue from where I left off.
How did you stop it? Did you cancel it? If yes, then you can't continue from where it left off as it has removed the job. If you just, for example, closed the window, then there should be a "there are manual deferred processes" message on the main ACP page and clicking that should continue it.

Additionally, how do I normalize the sending behavior so it is sent over periods of time in Xenforo?
There isn't really anything that will do that. You could potentially use a criteria of join date to only select small numbers of people at a time, but that would be tedious.

I responded to your VERP thing elsewhere, but it would make sense to continue it here if you have any questions.

How did you stop it? Did you cancel it? If yes, then you can't continue from where it left off as it has removed the job. If you just, for example, closed the window, then there should be a "there are manual deferred processes" message on the main ACP page and clicking that should continue it.

There isn't really anything that will do that. You could potentially use a criteria of join date to only select small numbers of people at a time, but that would be tedious.

I responded to your VERP thing elsewhere, but it would make sense to continue it here if you have any questions.
Sorry, just replied to the other thread. I will keep all other coordination here.

It ended at user 7993 when I clicked Cancel (didn't close the window, will note that for the future). I looked up the join date of member 7993, can I just send from that join date to today and that will complete the mailing? Thanks and regards.

Technically, it's not ordered by join date but by user ID. In 99.9% of cases, they should be the same thing.

Finding that join date would be a close workaround, though not perfect. It won't be 100% clear if 7993 was the last user ID sent to or if it's sent one additional "page" worth of emails. You might get a small overlap if you start from that join date because of that (and plus that join date limits are only covering a day), but it will certainly be much smaller than starting from scratch.

Reactions: PJK
Top Bottom