XF 2.0 Email Sending Problems

hIBEES

Ok, here goes, I am not getting emails about new registrations so I created a test account and the email that I set it up with doesn't receive an email to confirm, I have had 7 users sign up since I moved to xenforo so I think they have not got a confirmation email.

The contact us form works, I testing it to and got it.

As does email users in admincp...

I have followed all the instructions about the correct email and email address, the only thing I can think off is I set the board up with a different email than whats in the settings, does that matter?

The email in the settings is a domain one.

Thanks and hope I have explained well.

Anything in the server mail log? What Email Transport Method are you using?

Nothing in the server log, the default one with Set return path with -f parameter (recommended, but does not work on all servers) checked, have tried to turn that off but no joy, strangely the contact us and emailing from within the cp sends emails.

Are there any errors logged on the ACP? That can be checked in the ACP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

If not then XF has handed them off to the server and they have been accepted.
From that point on, XenForo is no longer involved so the server mail log (typically in /var/log/maillog or similar) would have to be checked to determine whether the emails are being successfully sent. If root access is not available (typically with shared hosting), contact your host

You as an admin did not get a email about the new user?

That is correct Ozzy, I set up a test account, got the email notification no probs, as admin didnt get an email saying the test account had just registered, no hassle thou as got new users in a moderation Q lol

Top Bottom