Resource icon

Email Queuing Enhancements 2.3.0

No permission to download
Have you updated your OS which might have applied apparmor or selinux profiles? It is likely blocking php/apache from making outbound network calls to email services.
No, nothing has been updated on the server.

EDIT: I've swapped the SMTP for SES to use port 587 and TLS rather than 465 and SSL, and seems to be working now.

Last edited:
1600845687113.webp

Would the queue also keep the old email settings when attempting to re-try sending?

Email is configured to use TLS and port 587

1600845734596.webp

but the errors are still reporting the old settings.

The failed queue handling picks up the existing configuration and doesn't store that stuff.

Do you have any email bounce handling or similar which is hitting the old port?

Do you have any email bounce handling or similar which is hitting the old port?
Would need @Joe Link to advise on that one.

I'm not sure what you're referring to @Xon, can you elaborate please?

When I woke up I noticed I haven't received a single email from the website since last night, so it appears no emails are going out at all now. Checked the xf_mail_queue and there are 30,320 rows (11,260 in xf_mail_queue_failed).

The default email works fine, as testing via the ACP results in an email being received through SES almost instantly:

1600970330134.webp

This add-on shouldn't be making a difference to how email is being sent, it just adds a more permissive retry policy :(

Sorry @Xon, got it figured out.

@DragonByte Tech's DragonByte Mail has an email transport option for each Digest. The upgrade to 4.4.0 apparently deselected the encryption radio button, causing the email attempts to time out and jamming up the email queue.

Reactions: Xon
Does this work with XF2.2?

On both my own site, and a customers site, having this enabled on 2.2 stops mails from being sent out for notifications.

Xon,

is it possible that your addon is hypnoticing the AbstractAdapter even for testing outbound mails via the XF function? ;)

Code:
LogicException: Instances of XF\Db\AbstractAdapter cannot be serialized or unserialized in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 680

XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->__sleep()
    serialize() in src/XF/Mail/Queue.php at line 27
    XF\Mail\Queue->queue() in src/XF/Mail/Mailer.php at line 318
    XF\Mail\Mailer->queue() in src/XF/Mail/Mail.php at line 412
    XF\Mail\Mail->queue() in src/addons/SV/EmailQueue/XF/Mail/Mail.php at line 34
    SV\EmailQueue\XF\Mail\Mail->send() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php at line 278
    XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionTestEmail() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 321
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 244
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 100
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 50
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2178
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 390
    XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
Sending mails works, only the test function seems to be affected.

Something else must be extending the mailing system. This add-on just calls queue rather than send and the XF mail object doesn't hold a database reference nor does this add-on add one.

Something else must be extending the mailing system. This add-on just calls queue rather than send and the XF mail object doesn't hold a database reference nor does this add-on add one.
Guess I´ve found the source of this (DBMail)

Xon updated Email Queuing Enhancements with a new update entry:

2.3.0 - Maintenance update

• Require php 7.2+
  • Require XenForo 2.2+
  • Require StandardLib v1.18.0+
  • Fix uninstaller erroring with XF2.2+
  • Remove custom failed queuing logic, use XF native version but with custom next retry policy to be less aggressive about removing failed email.
    • This addon will likely need updating for when XF2.3+ changes email queuing behaviour, but should be a very small update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom