Email Posting [Paid] [Deleted]

Does it add them to the online status? Might be weird to see posts appearing all the time posted by members that aren't showing as online. It's a good idea though. I used to have something similar with VB forums.

... If the subject matches an existing subject (word for word, other than a "re:" maybe), could it be appended to the existing title thread...
That could really make this a powerhouse of an add-on, if it allowed members to respond via email to a new 'watched thread' notice.(i.e. - New reply to watched thread)

@Liam W - Is this still in development or are you still interested in adding other bits to it to make it a killer Add-on?? :)

@Liam W - Is this still in development or are you still interested in adding other bits to it to make it a killer Add-on?? :)

It is still in development, like all my maintained add-ons, it's just that I have significantly less time to work on add-ons now :)

However, this is a paid add-on that hasn't had an update in a while, so I'll work on it over the next month or two :)

Liam

Looks promising, I am looking for a "reply to notification" functionality.
Please let me know if that is planned or not

It is still in development, like all my maintained add-ons, it's just that I have significantly less time to work on add-ons now :)

However, this is a paid add-on that hasn't had an update in a while, so I'll work on it over the next month or two :)

Liam
Hi @Liam W , any update for this add on? I want to contribute to for this features request:
Does this post replies if a member replies to an email notification?

Is it possible to use this with email attachments (=attachments in the forum post)?

That could really make this a powerhouse of an add-on, if it allowed members to respond via email to a new 'watched thread' notice.(i.e. - New reply to watched thread)

Please let me know if that is planned or not

I think that is quite a bit harder.

Code:
This add-on allows you to create threads by sending an email to a specific email address.
I think this is more for starting threads only.

This is a good product idea but the product is not mature enough to warrant payment. I'd be willing to help with the development of this, because I need it. I don't want to buy it with the issues and missing key features (no attachments, can't respond to posts with email). Creating thread and that's it... pretty minimal scope and not what I need.

I'd be willing to help with the development of this, because I need it.
It's a niche addon ... try to garner support from a few others ... I'm sure there is a target admin group that wants a more full featured addon.

I don't want to buy it with the issues and missing key features (no attachments, can't respond to posts with email).
- attachments is a cool idea.
- replies would be very useful, but I'm sure they are tricky to implement.

- replies would be very useful, but I'm sure they are tricky to implement.
I can see this has potential to grow a life of its own that is on the same scale as the core forum software. Some lines of what is in and out have to be drawn and they will have to be well short of everything that would be great to include, unless there were huge plans, support and funding. Funny, I kind of like the looks of a system like that, but not feasible for me today. :cautious::coffee:

Top Bottom