Email Posting [Paid] [Deleted]

Can everybody send emails, when source-email-adress is known ?
Or can only users with known email-adresses post via email?

@hollosch if you look at the first image you will see an option called "Default User:". In the description it says that the specified User will be used if the mail address is unknown, but if you leave it blank unknown mails will be ignored.

Hmm.. I cant for the life of me get this to work.

So - set up a test email account, and then set up imap... It seems to read the messages (as monitoring the account, the mails go from unread to read)...

But get the following server errors (after debug mode enabled)...

ErrorException: sprintf(): Too few arguments - library/XenForo/Error.php:220
Generated By: Unknown Account, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'sprintf(): Too ...', '/home/pinball/p...', 220, Array)
#1 [internal function]: sprintf('Unable to get S...')
#2 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Error.php(220): call_user_func_array('sprintf', Array)
#3 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Addon.php(32): XenForo_Error::debug('Unable to get S...')
#4 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Extend/Model/Forum.php(72): LiamW_EmailPosting_Addon::debug('Unable to get S...', 'Paul" <paul@pla...')
#5 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Deferred/EmailPosting.php(82): LiamW_EmailPosting_Extend_Model_Forum->processEmailPost('Return-path: <p...', Array)
#6 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): LiamW_EmailPosting_Deferred_EmailPosting->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999403954, '')
#7 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999403954, '', false)
#8 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/pinball/public_html/community/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}

And then....

Exception: Processing Email - library/XenForo/Error.php:220
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Addon.php(32): XenForo_Error::debug('Processing Emai...')
#1 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Extend/Model/Forum.php(51): LiamW_EmailPosting_Addon::debug('Processing Emai...')
#2 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Deferred/EmailPosting.php(82): LiamW_EmailPosting_Extend_Model_Forum->processEmailPost('Return-path: <p...', Array)
#3 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): LiamW_EmailPosting_Deferred_EmailPosting->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999403954, '')
#4 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999403954, '', false)
#5 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /home/pinball/public_html/community/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}

Strange - Any clues @Liam W ;)

EDIT : I get this even when there are no mails awaiting collection...
EDIT 2 : Tried uninstalling 1.0.6, and re-installing 1.0.5 to see if there is a difference between versions, however i get "An error occurred while running SQL." when i try to install 1.0.5

Last edited:
Hmm.. I cant for the life of me get this to work.

So - set up a test email account, and then set up imap... It seems to read the messages (as monitoring the account, the mails go from unread to read)...

But get the following server errors (after debug mode enabled)...

ErrorException: sprintf(): Too few arguments - library/XenForo/Error.php:220
Generated By: Unknown Account, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'sprintf(): Too ...', '/home/pinball/p...', 220, Array)
#1 [internal function]: sprintf('Unable to get S...')
#2 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Error.php(220): call_user_func_array('sprintf', Array)
#3 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Addon.php(32): XenForo_Error::debug('Unable to get S...')
#4 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Extend/Model/Forum.php(72): LiamW_EmailPosting_Addon::debug('Unable to get S...', 'Paul" <paul@pla...')
#5 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Deferred/EmailPosting.php(82): LiamW_EmailPosting_Extend_Model_Forum->processEmailPost('Return-path: <p...', Array)
#6 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): LiamW_EmailPosting_Deferred_EmailPosting->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999403954, '')
#7 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999403954, '', false)
#8 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/pinball/public_html/community/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}

And then....

Exception: Processing Email - library/XenForo/Error.php:220
Generated By: Unknown Account, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Addon.php(32): XenForo_Error::debug('Processing Emai...')
#1 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Extend/Model/Forum.php(51): LiamW_EmailPosting_Addon::debug('Processing Emai...')
#2 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Deferred/EmailPosting.php(82): LiamW_EmailPosting_Extend_Model_Forum->processEmailPost('Return-path: <p...', Array)
#3 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): LiamW_EmailPosting_Deferred_EmailPosting->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999403954, '')
#4 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999403954, '', false)
#5 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#6 /home/pinball/public_html/community/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}

Strange - Any clues @Liam W ;)

EDIT : I get this even when there are no mails awaiting collection...
EDIT 2 : Tried uninstalling 1.0.6, and re-installing 1.0.5 to see if there is a difference between versions, however i get "An error occurred while running SQL." when i try to install 1.0.5

Strange, the bottom one is a debug message (look in options to disable those), the first one doesn't happen to me.

I'll take a quick look :)

Liam

Thx Liam - If there's anything i can do from this end then please let me know (since it's been de-installed i havent received either issue.. )

Thx Liam - If there's anything i can do from this end then please let me know (since it's been de-installed i havent received either issue.. )

The bottom on isn't an issue, it's a feature.

Debugging deferred tasks is a pain, so I output debug messages to the error log.

Like I said, it can be disabled in options & only happens if debug mode is enabled.

Liam

Liam,

Ok thats cool - as long as that is normal behaviour then thats good :D

So any idea why i cant re-install, or on the sprintf() too few arguements? All fields were filled in, in the forum in question..

Many thanks

I have no idea why you can't reinstall. The only explanation is that the uninstall didn't remove all of the new fields from the forum table, so the install is erroring out as it's trying to add a field that already exists.

The sprintf() arguments error is peculiar. It's a debug message, however I don't get it on my end. If you disable debug mode, or disable debug output in options it should go away.

(However, the debug output in options is disabled by default, so...)

I'll take a closer look now.

Liam

i did take a look - I presume from looking at forum.php it adds anything "email_posting" prefix, since i took a quick peak and saw that they still exist...

i did take a look - I presume from looking at forum.php it adds anything "email_posting" prefix, since i took a quick peak and saw that they still exist...

Yeah, I just checked the code and I missed the drop sql for one field...

However, why the others are still there... I have no idea.

Drop any fields starting email_posting_, and install the version I'm about to release.

Liam

Last edited:
Hiya @Liam W :)

Sorry to be a pain.... ;)

Ok - Removed left over columns, and re-installed latest version no problems.

Seems to be a little happier, however i now get the following...

Error Info
Exception: Unable to get Sender: Paul" <wibble@wobble.com - library/XenForo/Error.php:220
Generated By: Unknown Account, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Error::debug('Unable to get S...', 'Paul" <wibble@wob...')
#1 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Addon.php(37): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Extend/Model/Forum.php(72): LiamW_EmailPosting_Addon::debug('Unable to get S...', 'Paul" <wibble@wob...')
#3 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/LiamW/EmailPosting/Deferred/EmailPosting.php(82): LiamW_EmailPosting_Extend_Model_Forum->processEmailPost('Return-path: <p...', Array)
#4 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(294): LiamW_EmailPosting_Deferred_EmailPosting->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999403954, '')
#5 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(428): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999403954, '', false)
#6 /home/pinball/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(373): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#7 /home/pinball/public_html/community/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#8 {main}

Current settings are that bypass permissions is checked, and a default user (existing) is set in the Default user field. The mails are being read from the mailbox, since they go from unread to read (using IMAP).
No emails are processed into the destination forum.

Cheers
Paul

That's a useful debug message in this case :)

The regex I use to obtain the senders email address has given an incorrect value in your case.

Could you send me the complete original email, with headers? Really I need the 'From' header.

Liam

I am following this add-on with great expectations!!

Would be awesome if any member can send an email to that designated email and it is posted in a selected forum directly under his/her username, perhaps, there could be an option to create multiple designated email ids, allotted to a select few members. Once this happens, i am sold! :)

Would be awesome if any member can send an email to that designated email and it is posted in a selected forum directly under his/her username,

This already happens - it used the sender's email to work out the poster.

there could be an option to create multiple designated email ids, allotted to a select few members.

Hmm, this will add extra work, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'll think about it.

Liam

This looks cool. The ever growing forum that no one actually goes to. lol

I might have to get this one.Does it email back replies?

If you mean does it subscribe you to a thread you post, I don't think it does. I'll release an update in the future that observes the posters' watch settings.

Liam

Top Bottom