• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Email PHP error?

Ok, so I've come here before with questions about email and people were very helpful. Now I'm wondering what to do about my latest error (Below). Any suggestions?

Code:
Error Info
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? - library\Zend\Mail\Protocol\Abstract.php:277
Generated By: Emgim, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail\Protocol\Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('ssl://smtp.secu...')
#1 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Smtp.php(199): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
#5 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#6 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Model\UserConfirmation.php(124): XenForo_Mail->send('zackruybal@hotm...', 'Emgim')
#7 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\ControllerPublic\AccountConfirmation.php(98): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#8 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#9 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#10 C:\wamp\www\main\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}
Request State
array (size=3)
  'url' => string 'http://skylorenations.com/main/index.php?account-confirmation/resend' (length=68)
  '_GET' =>
    array (size=1)
      'account-confirmation/resend' => string '' (length=0)
  '_POST' =>
    array (size=5)
      '_xfToken' => string '2,1360820467,aa1b9b50986a458f052f6acd8ab4c2619bb9ba28' (length=53)
      '_xfConfirm' => string '1' (length=1)
      '_xfRequestUri' => string '/main/index.php?forum/' (length=22)
      '_xfNoRedirect' => string '1' (length=1)
      '_xfResponseType' => string 'json' (length=4)

ENF

As it states...

Error Message said:
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?\
You should enable SSL via PHP, using openSSL for example.

Ok, now I've got PHP enabled to do this, but I'm having another error:​
Code:
Error Info
Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Unable to send mail. mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: SMTP server response: 550 The address is not valid. - library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Sendmail.php:137
Generated By: Emgim, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail\Transport\Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Sendmail->_sendMail()
#1 C:\wamp\www\main\library\Zend\Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#2 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Mail.php(177): Zend_Mail->send()
#3 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Mail.php(152): XenForo_Mail->sendMail(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\Model\UserConfirmation.php(124): XenForo_Mail->send('zackruybal@hotm...', 'Emgim')
#5 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\ControllerPublic\AccountConfirmation.php(98): XenForo_Model_UserConfirmation->sendEmailConfirmation(Array)
#6 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_AccountConfirmation->actionResend()
#7 C:\wamp\www\main\library\XenForo\FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 C:\wamp\www\main\index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array (size=3)
  'url' => string 'http://skylorenations.com/main/index.php?account-confirmation/resend' (length=68)
  '_GET' =>
    array (size=1)
      'account-confirmation/resend' => string '' (length=0)
  '_POST' =>
    array (size=5)
      '_xfToken' => string '2,1360977833,28c957ae5f5c78624b4307a604440c848fd0a8d8' (length=53)
      '_xfConfirm' => string '1' (length=1)
      '_xfRequestUri' => string '/main/index.php?forum/' (length=22)
      '_xfNoRedirect' => string '1' (length=1)
      '_xfResponseType' => string 'json' (length=4)

ENF

Yeah, it is. It's a Gmail account, so there's no reason for it not to work.
The only thing we can suggest is to send a manual email to that account and make sure you get the same error. If you can send a mail to that address manually through another email account, then there might be a configuration error with your outbound email settings. XenForo can't do anything with a 550 error. So, we have to look further down the stream to see where the problem is.

I recommend sending a test email to a known working account that you control. If that works, then the XF mailing function works as intended as I mentioned above, it could be a problem somewhere else other than XenForo.