XF 1.2 Email Notifications

FredC

This has been a problem far before i upgraded to 1.2 but im determined to solve the issue now.. So what would prevent a small handful of users from getting their email notifications? We have already went over the basics.. Check your spam folder, check your preferences, Etc... So any idea where else i should be looking to see whats amiss for these few members?

If it's only a few members then it is either their mail programs flagging them as spam, or their ISPs blocking the content due to a blacklist or similar.

This is what my member is saying about his spam folder.. I have no idea why we would be blocked by any ISP but ill dig deeper there for sure.

I went to my carriers online site and had my blocked email sent to a folder instead of being deleted this weekend.

I got an email from a lovely 23 year old who wants to be my friend. I'm going to write her back and ask if she has two more friends so their ages would total up to be closer to mine.

I got an email to inform me on the secret of how to make girls want ugly men. I figured that secret out way long ago - date women uglier than I am.

An email told me that single Christian women want to meet me. I think they skipped the 10 commandments on their Bible study night.

An email promised to make her come again and again. I wish she'd just stay home. I'm married.

There were the usual ads for cars, mortgages and bedroom toys. The only toy I have in my bedroom is my treadmill, and I don't even use that as much as I should.

But alas and alack (mostly alack), I no longer have any Nigerian friends. I guess since I don't write them that much, they got mad at me and went away.

Oh, btw, there was nothing from Doberman Chat.

Is there any easy way to tell if a domain is being black listed by various ISP's???

The XF software is the only thing that sends emails through that Domain.. We have never even so much as sent a single newsletter. So being black listed seems odd.

Last edited:
If it's only a few members then it is either their mail programs flagging them as spam, or their ISPs blocking the content due to a blacklist or similar.
Its starting to look like emails from my domain are being black listed by Verizon.. well so far all ive really determined is that Verizon is the common denominator.. However its not being sent to spam folders they just are not coming period..

SPF record lookup and validation for: http://doberman-chat.com

SPF records are primarily published in DNS as TXT records.

The TXT records found for your domain are:

SPF records should also be published in DNS as type SPF records.

No type SPF records found.

Checking to see if there is a valid SPF record.

No valid SPF record found of either type TXT or type SPF.

So i guess the answer is No its not set up correctly..

So i guess the answer is No its not set up correctly..
That would be the first thing I'd set up then.

You want to add a TXT record to your DNS with the IP addresses that you'd be sending mail from, such as I have:

Code:
v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:89.145.112.71 +ip4:89.145.112.72 +include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all

2 server IP addresses, and mandrillapp as I use them as well to send e-mail.

Awesome im going to give this a shot.. Will report back later.. Appreciate the help.. Thank you... Now lets hope i have something good to report when i get back..

That would be the first thing I'd set up then.

You want to add a TXT record to your DNS with the IP addresses that you'd be sending mail from, such as I have:

Code:
v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:89.145.112.71 +ip4:89.145.112.72 +include:spf.mandrillapp.com ?all

2 server IP addresses, and mandrillapp as I use them as well to send e-mail.
I much appreciate the advice about my spf records and im sure its a bonus that we finally have spf text set for my domain but it didnt change anything for the members (a small handful) not receiving email notifications. :(

I appreciate the effort and attempt to help me troubleshoot and solve this problem however i have stepped down as the administrator of the site in question and the issue is no longer my problem..

Top Bottom