XF 2.0 Email Notifications

Members are reporting that they are not receiving email notifications from the threads they are subscribed to, after our migration from VB to Xenforo.

Watched Threads appears to have all of the subscriptions intact, however email notifications are not working .

Is there a way to reset them after the move or something, where do we begin trouble shooting?

Thank you.

• Does your XF even send out any email? Just try to send a password forgotten email. If not, check your email configuration.
  • Do your XF emails land into your spam folder? Go to /admin.php?users/email and send a test email to yourself. Use the user criteria below to just send the email to yourself, like username, email etc. If it lands in your spam folder, you'll have to check some more in-depth stuff.
  • Do newly created accounts get email notifications? If so, then this is probably a general issue with importing.

@ozzy47

The recommendation there is to use PHP mail (default) instead of SMTP.

However, I have found that PHP mail generates far more emails ending up in spam or junk folders than a properly configured SMTP account (with DKIM and SPF).

I just tested that again on a forum where I have been regularly receiving notifications. I switched to PHP mail and in less than 5 minutes found a notification from that forum in my spam folder.

Needless to say, I have switched back to SMTP.

Top Bottom