XF 1.1 Email Notifications on Alerts

• Thread starter Thread starter DirtRider
  • Start date Start date
D

DirtRider

How do you stop getting email notifications on your alert settings. I want to see the alerts when I log in but don't need all the emails they seem to generate

Weird, don't see an option somewhere. Do you have "Receive mail when new email message checked?"
If so, does it still happen if you have it unchecked? Perhaps there's an error there.

Well this is what I was thinking myself but I don't see any option in my profile here or on my forum for this. I do see this but my one is also not selected but this is something different anyway

Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...
  • and receive email notifications of replies

I did not notice anything like this in the ACP and I have looked maybe I may just need to look again. Also in your profile you have this but once again something different

Receive site mailings
You will receive a copy of emails sent by the administrator to all members of the site.

I did not notice anything like this in the ACP and I have looked maybe I may just need to look again. Also in your profile you have this but once again something different

Receive site mailings
You will receive a copy of emails sent by the administrator to all members of the site.

Don't think that that's it. Try looking again in the ACP, if it isn't there I'm not sure why you receive mails on alerts.. Perhaps an addon?

Every thread you watch can have different email settings. You can managed this through your watched threads list. (Or in 1.2, links in the email.)

That's a user preference:

http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences

You can run this query to set those two checkboxes for all current users:

Code:
UPDATE xf_user_option
SET default_watch_state = 'watch_no_email'

Run this query to disable email notifications for all currently watched threads:

Code:
UPDATE xf_thread_watch
SET email_subscribe = 0;

You can set the default for new registrations in your:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> User Registration -> Default Registration Values

And here is a query if you want to retroactively watch all existing threads:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...l-thread-they-have-started.42325/#post-456711

Top Bottom