Email notifications and Yahoo abuse complaints made to AmazonSES

Mr Lucky

I just received a notice from AmazonSES (who I use for outgoing mail ) tat they received an abuse complaint which was in regard to a standard post email notification from my xenforo forum.

The member says he did not make the complaint (and wants to receive notifications) so I presume this is something that his email provider, Yahoo, must have done automatically.

There were no spam trigger words in the content.It had the standard xenforo message telling the recipient how to disable emails.

Can any explain why this would happen? I'm a bit concerned as I imagine if Amazon get a lot of these it may suspend my account.

Yahoo says it all, they are terrible at blocking email

And (Yahoo Groups) were one of the worst culprits at revealing email addresses to spam harvesters. I ate asked the member to attempt to contact yahoo about this but to not hold his breath waiting for a meaningful response, and that may an alternative email provider may be in order. As long as it isn't AOL.

Semi-related, but maybe we Xenforo people sould be working to make our forums email-free, and basically replace email notifications with push notifications or something more "current." If you think about it, using email is just a third party between us and the user.

Its a nice idea but too soon. PUSH is in many places, but its not everywhere yet. Email may be broken, but PUSH doesnt fix it yet.

Semi-related, but maybe we Xenforo people sould be working to make our forums email-free, and basically replace email notifications with push notifications or something more "current." If you think about it, using email is just a third party between us and the user.
What do you mean by push notifications?

Top Bottom