Lack of interest Email Notification to Admin Upon New User Registration

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

RobNH

I'm disappointed that there is no ability for an Admin to be notified via email upon new user registration without having to pay $15 - $35 for a custom made app. Why is this feature not a default in the XenForo package like it is in vBulletin?

I started a new site and bought a XenForo license so I'm just starting to learn the system. Eventually, I'd like to migrate about 5 forum websites from vBulletin to XenForo which means I'm looking at spending $800 in XenForo licenses and then I'm going to have to spend an additional $175 in app purchases just to receive an email notification when a new user registers in one of my forums.

I don't have time to sit and monitor all of my websites for new users, but I do get instant email notifications from all of my websites.

Please consider integrating this feature into the stock XenForo package please.

Upvote 5
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
@RobNH have you checked this add-on? The developer offers dozens of add-ons for one yearly price of $35 and you can use them on as many sites as you want. You can also pay only for one year and hope that the add-on will work till the end of the world without updates.

Last edited:
@RobNH have you checked this add-on? The developer offers dozens of add-ons for one yearly price of $35 and you can use them on as many sites as you want. You can also pay only for one year and hope that the add-on will work till the end of the world without updates.
This is what I use.

It is very useful. You can often see from various custom registration fields if spammers have got through.

I don't see the point in getting an email when a new user registers. Especially if the site is a big board.
It's extremely helpful to weed out human spammers that sneak in. I have a medium board. For a huge one is agree there'd be a deluge of emails.... But with 5 to 10 new registrations a day it's very helpful.

Yes, but as I mentioned in my original post - this capability should be built into Xenforo. I shouldn't have to pay $35 for this - X six websites.

@Xon version is very good and it's what I use.

Yes, but as I mentioned in my original post - this capability should be built into Xenforo. I shouldn't have to pay $35 for this - X six websites.
What do you mean by ’X six websites”? You can use it on as many websites as you want when you pay $35 USD. Of course this kind of feature should be built into Xenforo. There are a lot of features that are missing.

Top Bottom