XF 1.3 Email notification continuing if members don't visit thread

Mr Lucky

I understand that if someone doesn't click on an email notification link to the post or visit the thread, then they get no more notifications for that thread.

But can we set an option so that they continue to get notifications even if they don't visit the thread?

Thanks

Pity.

We get a lot of complaints that people aren't getting notifications, and I suspect the main reason is they are reading the message in the email instead of going to the forum, then of course they stop getting the notifications.

Consider removing the option to show the message text in emails.
That will also help to improve traffic and visits to the site.
I tried that a while back and people complained.

So a good compromise would be for them to continue getting the notifications.

Or maybe if the notification just showed an extract of the message, is that possible?

So a good compromise would be for them to continue getting the notifications.
Just modify the template to let them know that will be the ONLY notification that they of any new posts until they visit the thread from the forum view. I personally don't want to be sending out that many emails every time someone posts a new reply in a thread. If they need that kind of notification then they should be using something like Tapatalk that gives push notifications (and no, I'm not going to get into the argument that Tapatalk has problems that some will want to start).

Just modify the template to let them know that will be the ONLY notification that they of any new posts until they visit the thread from the forum view.

This is now what I have done. I tried it with notifications for every new post even if they didn't vist and it wasn't long before the complaints came in.

I would really like it though if there was an addon that just had extracts of the message in the email so clicking the link was the only way to read it all.

(I got the xfrocks addon, which I really like for the force watch a forum per usergroup feature)

Top Bottom