Email Newsletter

billybatz9

What does everyone use for their newsletter? I am trying to choose but they are quite expensive. Yikes :p

Mail chimp, aweber, vertical response, etc...

I own a copy of Email Marketer from Interspire which is a self hosted platform, but now I mainly use Sendy.co for all my newsletter needs.

They are completely different products. Sendy uses Amazon to send out emails, so you pay for every newsletter you send. The other one just send them off your email server, so it's just the one time cost of getting the license.

I used the Interspire one for years and for the last 1 year or so I'm using sendy, I just feel better sending the emails through amazon instead of my own mail servers.

They are completely different products. Sendy uses Amazon to send out emails, so you pay for every newsletter you send. The other one just send them off your email server, so it's just the one time cost of getting the license.

I used the Interspire one for years and for the last 1 year or so I'm using sendy, I just feel better sending the emails through amazon instead of my own mail servers.
Amazons price is still very very cheap. .0001 per email. That's awesome.

Yep it is. That's why I prefer sendy.co, I have like 18,000 subscribers and the cost every time only comes down to a few dollars. Now if only we could have a xenforo integration :LOL:

Oh there's no xenforo integration? Yikes that might be a problem lol. How do you get your members to get on the mailing list? Are you also using Wordpress?

Well none of the above newsletter systems you mentioned have a xenforo integration. I just copy the members' emails (the ones that confirm they want to receive the newsletter) to my mailing list.

I was using wordpress initially but I killed it eventually, just using xenporta for my homepage now. Wordpress was never involved in my newsletter though.

Like 3/4 of my site is based on Wordpress. I was looking at xenporta, but like word presses functions and capabilities so much more.

Top Bottom