Email List Verify Integration

Email List Verify Integration 1.0.1

No permission to download
Where can get API Key
I just registered account here : https://apps.emaillistverify.com/users/signup for testing.

What service this invalid emails check?
Not sure what you mean.

Does this check for Trashmails, disposable e-mail service, temporary e-mail address & Spammails?
AFAIK It checks for these things
  • Email exists
  • Domain exists
  • Can receive email
  • Email is valid
  • Accepts anything at a specific domain

Does not add any free good service? This one are paid and can verify 100 emails for free each day for ten days!

Free, Powerful Email Validation API: https://mailboxlayer.com/
Not free. https://mailboxlayer.com/faq
The Free Plan is set out to be a "trial version" without a time limit, offering a volume of 250 monthly API requests.

Paid Subscription Plans feature significantly higher API Request volumes, ensure secure datastreams via 256-bit HTTPS Encryption, include unlimited and prioritised technical support, and offer a variety of must-have API functionalities.

Unsurprisingly, there is no such thing as a free lunch :)

Fillip

Also:

Provids 5,000 FREE Lookups Per Month: https://www.ipqualityscore.com/
This site doesn't work, can't connect over a secure connection so the connection is blocked.

This is a free API to check if an email is disposable: https://www.validator.pizza/
This service is useless for cleaning a mailing list. I inspected the bounced mail log @ our site and it has not thrown any form of error about any of them.

Presumably, EmailListVerify will actually check deliverability of email, not just whether the email exists. If the email doesn't exist, the user will be stuck in "email needs validation" mode and as such wouldn't (shouldn't) receive email from your site anyway.

The only thing that would change the game is whether someone can find an open source version of an in-depth checker like EmailListVerify, so that you could set it up as a service on your own site to bypass API restrictions and pricing. Until such a time, we're stuck paying if we don't want to risk the wrath of Amazon SES.

Fillip

Please understand that emailverify is pretty accurate. The cheaper you go the less accurate it gets.
Does this check for Trashmails, disposable e-mail service, temporary e-mail address & Spammails?
Here are their steps for emails verification:
  • Email deduplication - Domains that match our existing database of invalid emails are removed
  • Domain validation - DNS entries for every email address are checked and validated
  • Spam-trap removal - Spam-traps and disposable emails are detected
  • Risk validation - Remove all of the domains that match our existing database of invalid emails
  • Syntax verification - Email address syntax is verified according to IETF standard
  • MTA validation - Checks if a Mail-Transfer-Agent has a valid MX Record
@batpool52! are you planning to add a check for all existing accounts?

How do you generate the list of emails to submit for verification? I have almost 22K registered users on my forum. I would LOVE to know which ones have bad email address. Is there a way to generate this list in the XF2 Admin CP?

How do you generate the list of emails to submit for verification? I have almost 22K registered users on my forum. I would LOVE to know which ones have bad email address. Is there a way to generate this list in the XF2 Admin CP?
There is none right now. I do plan on adding this soon™.

@DragonByte Tech Mail add-on does this job but does not know if this also works for new registration check.
It doesn’t check emails on registration, but the regular email confirmation system should be sufficient for that.

The feature in DB Mail is more intended to ensure old emails are validated rather than pre-validating them on registration, as it is recommended to check emails for validity every 6 months.

I think a lot of people are misunderstanding what this addon can do. I used to do a lot of email marketing and I can say this is what you call "List hygiene". This isn't just a spam domain checker, this is a data scrubbing service and such services can offer a variety of features beyond what this company offers such as:

Remove known honey pots
Emails addresses that send FBL reports (Spam button)
Frequent unsubscribers
corporate and staff related email addresses
etc

Additionally, this service says it will check for hard bounces. What this means is it will initiate the process of sending the mail(HELO) and then it dumps the connection once the receiving Mail Transfer Agent replies back to go ahead and deliver the message. It isn't fool proof but some mail servers will respond stating the email address is invalid or other indicators that will let you know the email address is no good. And since the email message wasn't fully sent nothing appears in the recipients inbox.

Theres lots and lots more to the email marketing world, but that is the nuts and bolts :)

If you want to make serious money sending email then you need to pay the best in the business. Those are usually companies who send the most mail out of everyone and have obtained the most current and largest lists of emails to filter out. Those services cost several thousand dollars per month.

It doesn’t check emails on registration, but the regular email confirmation system should be sufficient for that.

The feature in DB Mail is more intended to ensure old emails are validated rather than pre-validating them on registration, as it is recommended to check emails for validity every 6 months.

How do you actually export the list of user email addresses into a file that you can then use with one of these validation services? Or does this add-on actually do that directly to the service for you via the API key thing?

How do you actually export the list of user email addresses into a file that you can then use with one of these validation services? Or does this add-on actually do that directly to the service for you via the API key thing?
Neither. It uses a direct SMTP connection over port 25 to the target server (such as gmail etc), just like your server would if it was actually sending email.

When the target server receives RCPT TO some email it will throw an error if the recipient does not exist. This is exactly the same as what these services do.

The only issue is you need to be absolutely sure your server has the ability to connect via port 25 from the web server, which may require tweaking your server’s firewall.

Top Bottom