XF 1.5 Email Error

Mr Lucky

I got this error:

Code:
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to xxxx@xxxxxx.ws failed (after retry): Connection refused - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 8:12 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(167): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_connect('tcp://smtp.spar...')
#1 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(216): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->connect()
#2 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(91): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.99999904633)
#6 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.99999904633, '')
#7 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.99999904633, '', false)
#8 /home/xxxxx/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/xxxxx/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "http://domain.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(64) "/threads/red-kites-other-birds-wildlife-in-general.11887/page-57"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Can someone please tell me what this means?

The user says she is receiving notifications.

The user says their email is fine, and a test email to that address appears to be fine.

Thanks

If it was a bad email, you would typically get a different error - but odds are NOT from the ACP as you hand the mail off to your SMTP server, which would be responsible for any logs of a refusal of acceptance of delivery (unless you are using the bounce feature). What yours shows is an error of the connection from your server to your SMTP provider. If this is a one time deal, it's probably not a worry. If you see many of them then there is an issue that needs to be resolved.

If it was a bad email, you would typically get a different error - but odds are NOT from the ACP as you hand the mail off to your SMTP server, which would be responsible for any logs of a refusal of acceptance of delivery (unless you are using the bounce feature). What yours shows is an error of the connection from your server to your SMTP provider. If this is a one time deal, it's probably not a worry. If you see many of them then there is an issue that needs to be resolved.

No, this seems to be a one-off. I've been using Sparkpost for a couple of weeks and no complaints or errors until this one.

Have you opened up port 2525? (or whichever you used)

I have port 587 in the ACP settings, I'm not sure what you mean by "opened up?"

Top Bottom