1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Email confirmation link on custom button.

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Okenyon, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Okenyon

Okenyon Active Member

So i'm using a custom HTML email for my confirmation email.

Within that email I use the following code for my button:

HTML:
    <td style="padding:5px 0;text-align:center; "><a href="" class="greenbutton">Yes Activate My Account</a></td>
    My question is what "link" can I put that will be the user confirm link for their account?

If someone knows and could rewrite the code above please as I don't really code myself.

Also i've managed to put myself into moderation when it comes to new sign ups as i've been testing the email.

Can I somehow get out of that without changing my IP?

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Have you written any code to fetch the users confirmation link? They are unique to the account.

3. Okenyon

Okenyon Active Member

Well xenforo calls the link in the email confirmation template so surely i can use that within my button?

This is what I'm asking as I've tried but I don't code so seeing if/how its done?

4. Okenyon

Okenyon Active Member

Can anyone help here please?

5. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You need PHP code to properly fetch it. It isn't as simple as calling another template, and to complicate it further, you would need a method to determine which link to fetch to activate it.

Where are you using this or attempting to achieve with this?