XF 1.5 Email Confirmation issue

Tattooed Theist

Hey guys, so not all, but an alarming amount of Email Confirmation emails get shot to my admin email with this message

"
This is the mail system at host gateway22.websitewelcome.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system"

It forces me, at the bottom of the email, to click confirm and confirm the account for them because apparently, they don't get the email, I do.

That message should give you a reason for the failure. What does it say?

You're getting this email because emails to that person couldn't be sent. You shouldn't really be confirming the account for them -- they haven't gotten the email to confirm it. But you should be determining if the cause is something that might be in your control or if it's actually a bad email address.

That message should give you a reason for the failure. What does it say?

You're getting this email because emails to that person couldn't be sent. You shouldn't really be confirming the account for them -- they haven't gotten the email to confirm it. But you should be determining if the cause is something that might be in your control or if it's actually a bad email address.

This is the only other text with the message:

Code:
<vvltwf@duanehar.pw>: delivery temporarily suspended: connect to
   duanehar.pw[141.8.226.58]:25: Connection timed out
Reporting-MTA: dns; gateway22.websitewelcome.com
X-Postfix-Queue-ID: EB38C99AC
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; admin@theologyforums.com
Arrival-Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2017 22:18:04 -0500 (CDT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; vvltwf@duanehar.pw
Original-Recipient: rfc822;vvltwf@duanehar.pw
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to
   duanehar.pw[141.8.226.58]:25: Connection timed out

The only thing I can think of is if they are spam accounts using not real email addresses... but I'm unsure how to tell.

The error there is that it couldn't connect to their mail server. That likely indicates that their email isn't valid.

That also looks like it could very well be a spam account. It's a weird address. If it's not, well then they can still change their email address to a different one if needed.

Interesting, that makes sense I guess then.

So they have a chance to change it even while they are unverified? Can they choose a different address to become verified through? I wouldn't want to deter real members from joining from this mail issue.

Top Bottom