XF 1.5 Email bounce

Okay so today I done a major cleanse of 35k members data, received over 15k of dead emails (which sucks!)

...But I expected it, the old owner ran the site with a silly concept and didn't have email verification on. So I'm the one picking up the pieces.

Never the less I've noticed people are getting the messages to change their details like this:

Attempts to send emails to g992506@mvrht.com have failed. Please update your email.
Update your contact details

Now this is fine, but people are putting fake emails back in. Could there be a email verification part here to verify your new email?

Thanks
Ross

Unless you enable email verification at this point of course. :)

But it's not really possible to verify a working mailbox (and ownership) without sending that initial email.

Unless you enable email verification at this point of course. :)

But it's not really possible to verify a working mailbox (and ownership) without sending that initial email.

Sure but if I done monthly emails, I guess they'd get picked up monthly anyway then get forced to change and eventually realise life is easier being a real boy?
Just find it strange why it doesn't make you validate after you enter again, im sure vBulletin does?

Sure but if I done monthly emails, I guess they'd get picked up monthly anyway then get forced to change and eventually realise life is easier being a real boy?
It would get picked up, yes but it's not exactly difficult to then change your email again if you're not verifying them.

Just find it strange why it doesn't make you validate after you enter again
If you have email verification enabled, it does.

Top Bottom