XF 1.5 Email Bounce Handling - Logs?

sHORTYWZ

I am trying to get the email bounce handling working with variable bounced email addresses... everything is working on the email server side - I can see all of the incoming messages just fine and they are being put in folders.

Xen, on the other hand, doesn't appear to be connecting and/or doing anything with the bounces. I was having some issues originally with connection errors, but stopped getting these after I switched off TLS/SSL and connected on a non-secure port.

Are there any logs, or any way of testing to see what's going on here, and why Xen isn't pulling the bounces as expected? I can't seem to find any diagnostic tools for this function at all.

"Being put into folders" is certainly concerning -- we will simply read from the inbox. If mail is ending up in sub-folders, it likely won't be read automatically.

Are you using cPanel? I remember reading of an issue with the cPanel having it's mail processor creating individual "folders" for each messsage.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/automated-bounce-email-handling.139043/

Yup. This looks like the same issue. Let me have a stab at these config changes tonight and I'll report back.

"Being put into folders" is certainly concerning -- we will simply read from the inbox. If mail is ending up in sub-folders, it likely won't be read automatically.

Thank you. Let me get them flowing into the regular inbox and we'll see if that helps. Regardless, some diagnostics/debug logging would certainly be helpful if that's something that could be brought into the mix eventually.

Top Bottom