1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Email a thread

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by outdoorzman, Dec 3, 2015.

1. outdoorzman

outdoorzman Member

Many of my users don't do social media but they do have an email address and are quite familiar with email :) Anyway they have been pestering me for some time that pages can be shared in Xenforo via all sorts of social media but there doesn't seem to be an old fashioned "email thread to friend" feature. Are we missing something? Is there an add-on for this?

2. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Teach your members how to select the thread URL and the post URL. The post URL is obtained by clicking on the post number. The URL can then be pasted into an email.

3. outdoorzman

outdoorzman Member

That but that's clearly not as easy as a one step email to friend feature.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You get that popup by clicking the number (#5) link at the bottom of the post.

6. outdoorzman

outdoorzman Member

Hmmm, I don't have the sharing options at the bottom of mine even with the default style. What do I have to do to turn those on?

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Use the ACP search for "addthis". See if the option mentioned is enabled, though you shouldn't need a profile ID. If that's enabled, can you provide an example URL?

8. outdoorzman

outdoorzman Member

Got it, thanks.