Elasticsearch Server Details?

cmeinck

I've had my IT support group reluctantly install Elasticsearch on my server, letting me know they won't provide me any support. I've uploaded the new library files and found my way to Search Options.

Before I enable Elasticsearch, I wanted to know what should be in the Elasticsearch Server Details. Right now, it's defaulted to 127.0.0.1:9200

Elasticsearch Index Name is blank.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Big time thanks to Slavik for helping me get this sorted out!(y) He went above and beyond to correct poorly done installs by my server support group, not to mention configuring everything so that's working like a champ.

He's one of the reasons XF has such a great support community.

Slightly off topic... It is a wonder to behold how many members of this community post about technical issues that they face and more remarkably (at least to me) how other members, not only take time to post tips and suggestions, not to mention a guide, but also actually get stuck in to help.

It is an absolute pleasure to witness. It makes this community very special, imho.

Thank you and keep it up, one and all.

I have to say... it is an interesting one for server specificity. Wiredtree is no slouch in the server industry, and whilst they have it working, it is now closing down other ports on the IP when listening. Seems to be an interesting game... getting the exact configuration based on server setup.

I have to say... it is an interesting one for server specificity. Wiredtree is no slouch in the server industry, and whilst they have it working, it is now closing down other ports on the IP when listening. Seems to be an interesting game... getting the exact configuration based on server setup.
Anthony,

It really is very simple, ask them to update the elasticsearch.yml configuration file and set the following:

network.host: your IP address
http.port: 9200

That is it.

Well... Wiredtree techs have failed to get this working correctly. Now have to upgrade this to one of their developers for quoting to try and get it working. It listens, but screws with other ports on the server when it does.

Those on Wiredtree servers may not have a good time getting this to work.

Nothing to lose I guess... and would be much appreciated. They can get it listening, but its shutting down other ports from listening when activated, I believe is the problem. Could you PC me with what details you need?

Top Bottom