Elasticsearch Failed But Configured Correctly.

Wesker

ElasticSearch is installed and configured on server side. Its working perfectly fine on server side.

When we connect it with XF, it occasionally throws an error:

"Elasticsearch server returned no response. Is it running? Elasticsearch indexing failed"

Above error is not permanent and search works fine for most of the time. We also get the same issue while reindexing.

NOTE: Our server is having MySQL issues and I suspect that this issue is connected to MySQL server going down..

Per devs above. Using 1.1.0. If a common error with 1.1.0, can upgrade to newer versions.

What issues?

It may be worth resolving those and ensuring the server is stable before attempting to troubleshoot any other issues.

We have slow queries those are locking up database and MySQL server is responding quite slow. We're already working to resolve those issues.

If you're having MySQL lock ups, you're quite likely having general load/contention issues, which means that MySQL may be the underlying cause. So trying to troubleshoot/resolve that first is potentially worthwhile.

Otherwise, there are some somewhat related changes in newer XFES releases, so upgrading may help. (There was a situation in a previous release where you could get that error as a false positive, though I don't recall if it applied to the release you're running.)

If you're having MySQL lock ups, you're quite likely having general load/contention issues, which means that MySQL may be the underlying cause. So trying to troubleshoot/resolve that first is potentially worthwhile.

Otherwise, there are some somewhat related changes in newer XFES releases, so upgrading may help. (There was a situation in a previous release where you could get that error as a false positive, though I don't recall if it applied to the release you're running.)

Waiting for our teams response. I believe they'll respond saying part of those slow queries is the standard search load which is why we're trying to upgrade to the enhanced search.

Last edited:
If you have enabled Elasticsearch in XF (it would seem so as otherwise you wouldn't get the original error), it wouldn't be using the standard search.

Per your recommendation we will fix the SQL issues first and then report back to you. We could use your help with the SQL issues the most. We're reviewing the data logs now and will have an update on that shortly. Thank you.

Top Bottom