ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 3.15.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

ElasticSearch Essentials - Additional functionality for forums running XenForo Enhanced Search (ElasticSearch).

This add-on REQUIRES XenForo Enhanced Search and ElasticSearch to be installed. Without it, this will not do anything.
After the installing for the first time, you must use the "Optimize Index" option and then re-index all content.

Known issues;
  • May not return identical results to XF1 "Similar Threads" search
  • CLI bulk-indexing script does not work with XF2.1

Read more about this resource...

@Xon A full rebuild of the search index is required for version 3.0.0 from beta 7 ? Do we need disable forum from visitors before rebuild new index?

@Xon A full rebuild of the search index is required for version 3.0.0 from beta 7 ? Do we need disable forum from visitors before rebuild new index?
Yes, you need to-do a full rebuild of the search index when upgrading to the release version. You do not need to disable the forum for visitors.

@Xon same mistake like in xf1 version
Please deselect suggest option if user press enter,
If user for example, write in search sar, then suggested words take priority and when user press enter, then selected is suggested first word, not user input. So, disable suggested first word to be selected by default

This is a trivial error but I'd like to report it anyways. I upgraded through the admin panel and this file check error popped up:

This is a work-around for an XF2.0.x bug (updated the template modification description)

If user for example, write in search sar, then suggested words take priority and when user press enter, then selected is suggested first word, not user input. So, disable suggested first word to be selected by default
The design goal of the XF2 version was the replicate the XF1 behaviour, I'll look into seeing what can be done to change that.

This is a trivial error but I'd like to report it anyways. I upgraded through the admin panel and this file check error popped up:

View attachment 199197
Fixed in the next version

Reactions: rdn
The design goal of the XF2 version was the replicate the XF1 behaviour, I'll look into seeing what can be done to change that.

It was fixed in 1.1.0 version.

Q. How do I change all forum's auto-complete settings?
A. This requires SQL;

SQL:
UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_autocomplete = 'this_and_children' where node_id in (1,2,3,.....);

UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_suggest = 'this_and_children' where node_id in (1,2,3,.....);
Valid values for ess_limit_autocomplete and ess_limit_suggest are;
  • all
  • this
  • this_and_children

Also, please give sql for all nodes/forums (and subforums)

Also, please give sql for all nodes/forums (and subforums)
SQL:
UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_autocomplete = 'this_and_children';
UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_suggest = 'this_and_children';

Just remove the where clause

SQL:
UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_autocomplete = 'this_and_children';
UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_suggest = 'this_and_children';

Just remove the where clause
So, to show autocomplete results and similiar threads results from all forum (all nodes/forums/subforums) it should be in every forum option in ACP set like this one below on image?

00-14-47.webp

If that yes, than SQL would be:
SQL:
UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_autocomplete = 'all';
UPDATE xf_forum SET ess_limit_suggest = 'all';

Is that correct @Xon ?

Also, why when search result is empty, it shows sign > and search link to advanced search like this on image below?

a.webp

Top Bottom