Elastic/Enhanced Search

OverHere

My site and Elastic Search have both been upgraded to 1.2 etc

On my site satisfy.tv ES is set to search for 2 letter words inclusing 2 letter tags.. But, when you search an existing 2 letter tag nothing comes up, but when you search the same 2 letter tag the second time the results come up.

So if members and guests will search for such 2 letter tags or words and nothing comes up people will think there are no results or ES is not working?

What do I need to do to ensure that ES works accurately so that it produce search results for 2 letter word or tag searches the first time such a search is made?

Thanks.

My site and Elastic Search have both been upgraded to 1.2 etc

On my site satisfy.tv ES is set to search for 2 letter words inclusing 2 letter tags.. But, when you search an existing 2 letter tag nothing comes up, but when you search the same 2 letter tag the second time the results come up.

So if members and guests will search for such 2 letter tags or words and nothing comes up people will think there are no results or ES is not working?

What do I need to do to ensure that ES works accurately so that it produce search results for 2 letter word or tag searches the first time such a search is made?

Thanks.

@Mike - How to resolve this? (the server co./host is saying take this up with you and if any server adjustments need to be made I can revert back to the host).

Well, I'm not sure how you've configured elasticsearch itself. That's really beyond the scope of what we support (similar to configuring MySQL). You shouldn't be getting different results for the same search twice though. Please give an example of what page you're searching from and what you're searching for.

Well, I'm not sure how you've configured elasticsearch itself. That's really beyond the scope of what we support (similar to configuring MySQL). You shouldn't be getting different results for the same search twice though. Please give an example of what page you're searching from and what you're searching for.

My ES has been installed by Nimbus Hosting so I assume its been installed as per XenForo's given instructions. It is set to search for 2 letter words.

If you go to www.satisfy.tv at the bottom right of the main forum page you will see the Tag Cloud, you will see 4 two letter tags. Please put the tag nn into general search - you will see it produces no results. Then flick a few pages and again put nn into general search, this time, the search will produce results. This is the issue.

You can try the same with other 3 tags but do start with the tag nn first.

(And, I can message you the login info for my site admin for you to have a quick look at my ES - I don't think this issue warrants me opening a support ticket).

What do you find?

What version of XenTag are you using, and what do you have set for the Search Options for XenTag (Search Index Mode)?

EDIT: Searching for NN works in posts, so this is an issue with XenTag and not ES or XenForo.

I've just tested on my site, using the tag "nn"

Search finds the nn tag (side bar for tags matched)
nn search.webp
Clicking on the tag finds the thread which is tagged.
nn_tag.webp

Your site finds the tag, but doesn't link to the thread
nn_tag_satisfy.webp

Yes, I'm using XenTag. The matched tags block was introduced in one of the recent updates to the add-on. You can see it on your site.

Dear Matt, I can't see the matched tag block on my site. Any how, if you'll allow a little time, would you be so kind as to go into my site admin and correct all the search options for XenTag and also activate the Matched Tags block?

May I messge you my site admin access info?

Sure, I'll take a look for you. Although, look at the screen shot I posted of your site above, you can see the tags block there.

Thank you again. I have seen the Matched Tags block now, its on the search results page, I thought it was on the main forums page.

About your earlier question, my dev has said 'You are using the last version of the xentag mod, 1.7.2. Whereas Search Index Mode is set to: Hashed. Which was set by default by the xen tags mod.'

Please do go into my site admin and sort thje settings of XenTags so it don't skip giving search results the first time. I will message you the login info now.

Please message me back once done. And thanks in advance for your time.

Top Bottom