Browser issue [Editor] Consecutive images: Links disappearing

In consecutive images, when you select an image and link it to a website, every other image link in images into the paragraph is erased.

Steps to reproduce:
Open editor, insert 3 or 4 small images in the same paragraph (without line break) so images come out in a row. Link the first image to a url. Link the second image to a url. The link of the first image is erased. Link the fourth image to a url. The link on the second image disappear.

Check this post on our forums:

http://foro.microsoftinsider.es/index.php?threads/hilo-oficial-heroes-of-the-storm.732/

upload_2015-5-15_17-20-43.webp

It's very hard to do posts like that with that bug.

Yes, i'm able to reproduce the problem here, but only occasionally and only on Internet Explorer. I will check if our coorporative configuration has something to do.

I can reproduce this, but I haven't been able to identify a consistent workaround yet. It seems to be down to IE's internal behavior when we call "unlink". Calling unlink is necessary as otherwise it can prevent the link from being created when the selection overlaps an existing link. However, here, it seems like IE is unlinking something which is actually adjacent to the selection.

I've spent some time trying to resolve this, but unfortunately I don't think I can with the current approach. This is going to have to be chalked up to a browser issue, sadly.

Top Bottom