1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Editing templates causes Syntax Error

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Alexander Schulze, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Hi Community,

I am currently creating a new style for an existing xf board. Frequently, it happens that I cannot save the template anymore because of a Syntax Error in the first line where xf syntax occurs. However, I haven't changed anything in this line and it worked well before.

It usually helped to export and import the style again, and I was able to make the same changes and to save them, but not this time. Does anyone have an idea to make it work again, or something I could check?
  2. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Really would need to see the template in question to be of any help. I never ran in to this myself, sometimes the error can be on a another line than the one mentioned in the error.
  3. Hi Steve, I should have mentioned that it happens to every template which contains xf syntax.

I can modify templates without xf syntax, so it shouldn't be a database issue.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you run the file health check in the ACP and see if there are any errors returned.
  5. seems to be ok

edit. I can also send you board credentials, if it helps debugging
  6. Looks like an error with a SingleSignOn plugin for wordpress. Deactivating and activating the plugin "solves" the issue.
    Brogan likes this.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Thank you for letting us know.
    That will be very helpful for anyone else who encounters the same issue.
    Alexander Schulze likes this.