Duplicate Editing post with smilie as last character cannot place caret at end

I can replicate this here with Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.2965, Firefox 113.0.2.

It might be related to this, a bug which has never been fixed.

Unfortunately this build of Xenforo along with the updated editor appears to have introduced a number of additional issues for Firefox users.

I wonder if these two are caused by the same backend code as well, pretty much the same behavior just with an attachment instead of a smiley. Could be related to just any formatting tag?

Seems same what was happening before the smilie fix, when with multiple smilies in Firefox, the cursor went to the next line or even the end of the block text. ;)

You can get the cursor after the smilie if you want, but not with the mouse. Use the arrow down at your keyboard and then the cursor is after the smilie. Not the best solution but at least it's workable.

You can get the cursor after the smilie if you want, but not with the mouse. Use the arrow down at your keyboard and then the cursor is after the smilie.

I'm not able to do that using Firefox on macOS. Keep in mind the issue is only when editing a post with the smilie as the last character.

Then it must be the combination Firefox with macOS. I have no issues doing it like I said on post I just write, or post with smilie as last character when being editted on Firefox with Windows.
With "arrow down" I mean the arrow pointing downwards. I don't know if a Mac has something like that too on the keyboard.
And push that when the cursor is just ahead of the smilie.

This appears to be a duplicate:

Top Bottom